Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

FSI and the add-ons dilemma

Guest Dean

Padraic,I am now using V1.02 with the same results. Only the DFW jetways convert. I didn't install 1.02 over 1.01, rather I did a 67-9999 delete and removed everything associated with 1.01 and started fresh with 1.02. Pressing the "BGL text" button opens a DOS window but I don't know were the results are written. The following is the text from the "report.txt" file after the attempted conversion. The problem seems obvious enough. It's the solution that is driving me crazy. ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwFEstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwAdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwAstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwBdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwBstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwCdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwCstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEbdg1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEbdg3.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwEdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEgnd1.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEgnd3.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEgnd4.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwEstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEtxs1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEtxs3.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfw1Ebdg.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwnt.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwSbdg.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwstn1E.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwtech.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWbdg1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWbdg2.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWgnd1.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWgnd2.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWtxs1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWtxs2.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwFEstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwAdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwAstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwBdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwBstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwCdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwCstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEbdg1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEbdg3.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwEdgs.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEgnd1.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEgnd3.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEgnd4.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwEstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEtxs1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwEtxs3.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfw1Ebdg.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwnt.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwSbdg.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYdfwstn1E.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwtech.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWbdg1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWbdg2.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWgnd1.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWgnd2.bgl"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWstn.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWtxs1.BGL"ERROR: BGL::OpenForRead() unzip with: bglzip.exe -d -f "D:Microsoft GamesFS2002SIMFLYERSKDFWSCENERYDfwWtxs2.BGL"

DEAN and MECO,Thanks for the comments. I may try a few with the taxiways off and see what happens. I'm still having more sceneries not unzip than I am having success but I'm getting a few. FPS takes a big hit in the 256 slots, but I'm working around problem slowly. FSI is a big contribution to this hobby. I still like the scenery that TM2 produces for airports, if not overloaded with details that drag down FPS. The combination of the two scenery programs is providing a lot of reasons to keep FLY!ing.Conig

Thanks Dean,The reason to do a "BGL list" is to reinterpret scenery.cfg. Syntax errors and some other info is then listed in the "fs_impms.txt" control file which is the default displayed.However, I see from your posting that your BGLs are still "compressed". I did not consider this when generating messages in "fs_impms.txt", next time around I will. All the BGL files are listed twice - once when first detected and a second time when they are actually interpreted. This means that the unzipping "pass" did not work. Why ? Do you have BGLZIP.EXE ? Is it properly located with the "bglzip.exe" button ? Are the BGLs listed files "read" only files(copied from a CD once upon a time, use Explorer or "attrib" in a DOS box to check the file attributes) ? Are the filenames too long for BGLZIP.EXE ? I doubt it.If you do not have BGLZIP.EXE look at earlier FS_IMPORT threads on this forum for the easiest version.Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest Dean

>Do you have BGLZIP.EXE ? Is it properly located with >the "bglzip.exe" button ? Yes, I do. I am using BGLZIP from the SDK for FS2000 and have it properly located. I have been able to convert a couple of areas successfully.>Are the BGLs listed files "read" only files? No they are marked "archive" only and were installed as part of the normal installation of scenery. I am not using the demo version of SimFlyers DFW as I purchased it.When I follow the detailed steps posted by William D for converting D/FW manually, even though that did not work either, I can successfully de-compress the BGLs as I can see their file size expands considerably. I have even tried moving the expanded BGLs back into the scenery folder for D/FW and then run FSImports normal conversion routine again without success. Other than jetways.Padraic,Thank you for your responses on this. Your tool is a great concept and has a lot of potential for Fly II so I hope it continues to evolve to meet the needs of the user.