Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

NVidia 40.72 & Aircraft Flicker Problem

No David, I definitely have the same problem and it is quite annoying. I've done little to debug/test but I'm really hoping I don't have to settle for this. I'd really like to know what changed in the 4.72 drivers from previous versions that might cause this. Right now, I either have to put up with the flickering or downgrade drivers. I hope that I don't have to do that. I'll certainly post if I find a solution.

Guest Fly II Pilot

David:Ever since I (recently) installed the 40.72 version, I began experiencing the same problem, it's got to be the drivers. We'll have to wait until the next release comes out.Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Same here. Going back to turning off environmental mapping until fixed.Pete

I've returned to the 30.82 drivers and the flickering is gone.

Randall Rocke

I did the same Randall. All is normal again.Don

I installed the 41.09 drivers and set "Performance" to "Application". That seems to have fixed ti for me.nick

I switched to my manufacturer's drivers (MSI Starforce GeForce3), and not only did it fix my problem, but my framerates jumped from 20 on average to 30 on average for my GeForce3 TI200 128MB. I think these drivers utilize some overclocking to get the best performance out of the card. I used to automatically use the latest Detonator drivers from NVidia, but after the flicker problem and the increased framerate I'm getting now, maybe I'll stick with the card maker's drivers afterall.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dan:Following your advice I did the same, mine is also an MSI. It works fine and the flickering is gone but I haven't seen the FPS increase that you did.Thanks for the suggestion!Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

The MSI driver has an overclocking tab. Try choosing the "auto adjust" for the memory speed. I was able to bump my memory speed to 500 mhz and my core clock speed to 225 mhz. DISCLAIMER: Of course overclocking is always a risk and voids your warranty, but then again, MSI is providing this feature and their cards are known to handle overclocking well. I guess I figure if something ever goes wrong, it is a relatively small replacement cost. By the way, at those settings my card has been rock solid for a while now.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dan:I forgot to mention it, but I did the same thing with the "auto adjust". I'm still testing, I've had two CTDs and a lockup and I think it's due to these drivers; it's the only thing that has changed. Unfortunately I don't get any error messages...Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB