Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Padraic, is this a bug( in v1.2)?

Guest tonyc

I converted two airports successfully. When in FLY, however, if I go into the scenery editor ( ctl-e), the fsi generated scenery fails to appear. When I exit the editor, the scenery no longer appears and the dll( ALT-F7) fails to show the text on the bottom of the screen. In sum, the fsi converted scenery will no longer show up if the scenery editor is accessed.tony

Guest Dean

This is definitely new in 1.2 I hope this is an easy fix. Being able to reposition some of the objects through the editor is important.

Guest chezz

likewise here using v2. In fsi v1 no problem. I also noticed in v1 when you reposition some objects fsi creates a data folder in FLY2 data folder.hope there's a fix. Thanks joe.chris

Guest Dean

>I also noticed in v1 when you reposition some objects fsi creates a >data folder in FLY2 data folder.This is actually created by the Fly II editor after you save your changes. You can add more objects to the scenery area with the editor and it's built-in model group or biber's models and they will be saved in this folder and loaded with the scenery.

Guest chezz

Hi Dean,Problem though if you delete the add-on scenery in FSI you will encounter this error when you open the particular converted area in FLY2.;"Msg: Unable to open model: C1A001E.binFile: MODEL.C line 246 Time: Sat Nov 23 16:00:55 2002errno = 2 (No such file or directory)"I found out by deleting the folder created in the Data folder solved the error. Which brings me to the question if you update the converted scenery will error occur? (i haven't encountered any error so far)chris

This may not be a bug. In the readme for version 2 there is new language that specifically discourages editing of generated sceneries, i.e., keeping Fly! databases and shifting models to match. Several reasons are given for this and they probably all make sense but airport terminals sitting offshore in the ocean might take some getting used to. Did Fly! ever get a float plane? ;)Don

Guest Dean

I hope that is not the case. The object placements in the original scenery were laid out by the author based on how they appear in Flight Simulator. When you convert them to Fly many buildings are not aligned properly to aprons and taxiways. The problem is worse when you use TS2 since that is based on real world data. I've got some Houston skyscrapers in a converted scenery sitting in the middle of Interstate 45 right now. If FSImports isn't going to be compatible with TS2 scenery then it is of little use to me. Too bad, it is a great tool with potential.