Sign in to follow this  
Guest Hagar

Regarding Uploads to the library

Guest Hagar

Hi everybody,First today I was able to upload my ENZV Terrascenery here. I had no luck uploading the complete pod file. Obviously big uploads like mine is working fine within the USA, but not across the Atlantic! So I uploaded my scenery as a Terrascene "Do it yourself-kit".And this is the only way I will upload my sceneries from now on.A finished globe tile is just too big, also two quarter tiles is almost 100MB. The kit is only 2.6MB.....easy to upload, easy to download, and saves Avsim a lot of space in the library. Hope more of you will use this method for Terrascenery. Some of you would protest because you have to install Terrascene in order to get the scenery, but the process is automated and quite simple.So, you will still get scenery from me, but you`ll have to do the rendering job yourselves :)

Guest Jan

I agree with you Andrew.Very easy to do, with a nice result.Take a bitof time depending on the PC,but that would also a big download take.And it's more attractive to people with 56K modems :)Jan

Guest Hagar

Almost like USGS-Terrascening, except from the elevation data. A shame not many are using Terrashape yet, its a powerful tool!