Sign in to follow this  
Ben Johnson

Padraic - FSI Import Question

Hi Padraic,I own Wilco's FS Airport 2002. I clicked the report.txt file and it displayed the following - INFO: WrapFileOpen(C:FS2002SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1EDDMScenery, [00] r) failedINFO: WrapFileOpen(C:FS2002SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1EGLLScenery, [00] r) failedINFO: WrapFileOpen(C:FS2002SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KATLScenery, [00] r) failedINFO: WrapFileOpen(C:FS2002SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KDFWScenery, [00] r) failedINFO: WrapFileOpen(C:FS2002SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KLAXScenery, [00] r) failedINFO: WrapFileOpen(C:FS2002SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KORDScenery, [00] r) failedINFO: WrapFileOpen(C:FS2002SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1LFPGScenery, [00] r) failed I was hoping to convert KORD but unable. Also is there a way to convert a tile that contains more than 1 airport? An example would be KORD & KMDW are both in tile 193 160. I'm only able to convert KMDW. Another example is tile 203 159 which contains KEWR, KJFK and KLGA. I'm only able to convert KEWR (Simflyers scenery, but I have an add-on scenery for KLGA).Any assistance is greatly appreciated.Bob Lyddy

Hello Bob,The messages are unusual as these are not file names but rather folder names that are reported. Why is one of the tools trying to open a foldername as a file ?One problem that some user's have is that areas are not recognised.Version 1.02 (fsimp102.zip) has a better "scenery.cfg" interpreter and generates some more messages. If you are using v1.01 install the newer version. This is really painless and can pe performed on top of v1.01. The new version has two (smaller) editors, one for paras and one for output stuff. Press the new "BGL list" button to reinterpret your scenery.cfg. Do any suspicious messages occur (see the updated README.TXT").Multiple airports ...If everything is correct, apart from some FSI bug, then you should be able to use the new drop-down area selector to select for KORD for example. This automatically selects the area number for conversion. If you now press "Generate" FSI looks for ALL BGLs that lie in the area defined by the BGLs in the selected (KORD) folder. This should merge ADD-ON sceneries (airports, cities, ...) together.Other possibilities are that you do not have BGLZIP.EXE or it is not located or even that the BGLs in these folders are marked as "read only" if they came from a CD. Check these out also.Hope this helpsPadraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Hi Padraic,Thanks for the rsponse. With the above message I was using v1.02.I have the BGLZIP.exe in the FS Import folder and correctly pointed to it.When I click BGL List I receive a long list of entries stating ignoring and the following at the very end - No suitable BGLs found for area "SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1EDDM", layer 142No suitable BGLs found for area "SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1EGLL", layer 143No suitable BGLs found for area "SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KATL", layer 144No suitable BGLs found for area "SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KDFW", layer 145No suitable BGLs found for area "SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KLAX", layer 146No suitable BGLs found for area "SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1KORD", layer 147No suitable BGLs found for area "SCENERYAIRPORT 2002 VOL.1LFPG", layer 148Found a total of 225 suitable BGL files Added ' 77cb3704' to config fileWith regard to the muliple airpots - If I click the AREA button KORD is not displayed in the list, in fact none of the Wilco airport 2002 airports are listed.I even reinstalled Wilco's Aiport 2002 into the Add-on folder to see if that made a difference, it does not. The airports are still not listed.Any other ideas? Thanks in advance,Bob Lyddy