Sign in to follow this  

SimFlyer's KIAD Converted Successfully

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hi!Just wanted to report back on this one. It worked perfectly and here's what I did as well as some pictures.- Went to the taxiways folder- Renamed taxiusa.pod to taxiusa.pud (so that FSI doesn't get "confused" with the current taxiways)- Renamed taxiways.pod to taxiways.pud (ditto, just in case)- Went to SceneryShared and viewed the cities.pod file to see if there was a Scenerya.??? for the tile I was going to be working on (200 157) and there was, so I unpodded it.- Went to the DataD200157 folder and edited the Scenerya.??? file- Left just the first and last lines, wiped out all the rest (so that default models don't interfere with the new scenery)- Make shure that searchPodFilesFirst in your Fly.ini is set to =0- Run FSI with all the output options selected INCLUDING the "yellow" option and either 128 or 256 depending on your video card.- It will take quite a while to process the BGR file, maybe a minute or two so don't panic if it gets "stuck" in a DOS window, it will work.- Enjoy!It's a wonderful Scenery and attached are some pics...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Amazing! Nicely done, and thanks for the clear step-by-step of how you did it.Don

Guest Dean

>- Went to SceneryShared and viewed the cities.pod file to >see if there was a Scenerya.??? for the tile I was going to >be working on (200 157) and there was, so I unpodded it. >- Went to the DataD200157 folder and edited the >Scenerya.??? file >- Left just the first and last lines, wiped out all the rest >(so that default models don't interfere with the new >scenery) >- Make shure that searchPodFilesFirst in your Fly.ini is set >to =0 Alejandro,Did you repod the scenerya.??? file after editing it or did you just leave it in the data directory?

Alejandro,Thanks for sharing great pics! What kind of framerates are you getting? What video drivers are you using?Thanks and Regards,

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dean:I just left it in the DATA folder.Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

I just wanted to add a couple more steps to the instructions:1) Went to the taxiways folder2) Renamed taxiusa.pod to taxiusa.pud and taxiways.pod to taxiways.pud (so that FSI doesn't get "confused" with the current taxiways)3) Went to the SceneryShared folder and viewed the cities.pod file to see if there was a Scenery?.S?? for the tile I was going to be working on (200 157 in this case) there was one, so I unpodded such that the file ended up in the DATA foler.4) Went to the DATAD200157 folder and edited the Scenery?.??? file5) Left just the first and last lines, wiped out all the rest (so that default models don't interfere with the new scenery)6) Made shure that searchPodFilesFirst in my Fly.ini was set to =07) Ran FSI with all the output options selected INCLUDING the "yellow" option and either 128 or 256 (depending on the video card).8) It took quite a while to process the BGR file, maybe a minute or two (so don't panic if it gets "stuck" in a DOS window, it will work).9) Once it finished, I went to the MAPS folder and looked for a file called T-??????.pod (where ?????? is the tile where you're airport is located -in this case it is T-200157.pod-) and unpodded the two files such that they ended up in the DATA folder.10) Went to the taxiways folder11) Renamed taxiusa.pud back to taxiusa.pod and taxiways.pud back to taxiways.pod- Enjoy!NOTE: Of course, if you know how to do it and so that you don't end up with hundreds of "loose" files in the DATA folder, you can unpod and repod the taxiusa.pod file with the newer IAD.bgr and IAD.tms taxiway files.Hope this helps!Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jim:I was using 6.13.10.2942 but I just downloaded and installed 6.13.10.4072 and it's working great.I had to tweak the render.ini file and you'll find it below (I removed the brackets from the headers). I'm getting about 16 FPS during approach and 20+ taxiing around at the airport.Content of Render.iniGraphicspremultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0mipLevelCount=20vertexIndexFormat=0TexturesmaxTextures32=0maxTextures64=16maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=85maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896NonAGPmaxTextures256_565=0AGPmaxTextures256_565=0Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Hi,The placement of taxiway files was a problem for FSI. At first I generated BGR TMS pairs directly in the DATA folder. However this was getting messy and it was not easy to remember them if it came to an FSI "Delete". I saw on a posting, way back, that placing taxiway pods in the MAPS folder has priority over the TAXIWAYS folder. That is why I place FSI podded taxiway files in MAPS. The priority may however be operating system dependent - folder creation order ? Maybe the next version of FSI should have an option to generate pods in the MAPS folder or files in the DATA folder !!!I tried out FS2000 KDFW and get about 120000 polys. Using this as a tough test I improved the FPS algorithm. It maintains FPS a lot better and gives much more visual priority to tall or wide models. I will include this when the next version (v1.03) is ready.Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.