Sign in to follow this  

Help ! Fly ! with (scenery or tile??) loading problems

h e l l u p ,fly! don't likes me lol!, or my computer or ... don't know I bought the THIRD one yet in a couple of weeks of which two Fly lite versions, one went back to the shop ,the second i have still , and the third version being now the full version from FLY!, gotten via eBay , came wth a beautiful relief print on the box ,was sealed , my expectations were really reasonable high now. This must have success... But a great done relief print can't solve a software loading problem , as I found out ...... when the simulator picks out the places I may fly! He (possible it is a she...) likes Los Angelos or Chicago , he/she hates San Francisco or New York , London and Amsterdam , I don't know why . Did she know I spent too much time with flight simulation ... lol! She definitely knows I can't fly with this bird ... and that it is absolutely useless spending time flying to bump into another access violation ... Yes that is what it does, flying from LA to San Francisco on the border of the SFO tile bumping on the violation. But I want give her right on this ... Oh No !Gentlemen , please ... all of my flight simulation software did or do shine, Flight Assignment AirlineTransport Pilot , Airline Simulator 2 , Flight Unlimited 2 ,Flight Unlimited 3 , Fly! II you name it , it works 100% , yes also big brother FLY! II ... What can I do experts... What causes it that San Francisco and other not wish to load , I pussh the red button presto the loading page appears , but then during loading airport & scenery, the case stops in a hard crash , sometimes I can escape via Ctr-Alt-Del. When I press the Fly-now scenario button, every scenario with Chicago , LA or Dallas works (perfect picture, very high framerates) , but with San Francisco or New York it is doomed to fail, I have never ever had problems with any of the other flight simulators , this is the first. Iam not an expert , YOU are the Fly experts , what is going on here ... I have found out that Fly is a wonderful -very fluid- platform for airliner simulation, but than it has to work the 100% , please, help ! My toy:AMD 800MHz;384MB PC133; VIA Kt-133a Mobo;Voodoo 5 5500 64 MB. Checked on viruses wth the latest NAV definitions, good health.Wouter

Guest Dean

Wouter,At first I thought you were talking about Fly II but now realize you are referring to the original Fly!. Have you applied all of the updates or are you running straight out of the box?

Dean,I have patched original FLY! (indeed the fly from 1999) to the SDK .88 version and done also the globe update.But still have access problems. I have to believe now, that some hardware is causing this.Probably the Voodoo, but - remarkable- nothing is wrong with this card and all the other flightsoftware , incl. FLY! II, on the SAME (sorry for the caps) computer. AVSIM review :"the Voodoo 5 is an excellent choice for Fly!"... I have 'played' with the three graphic drivers in the FLY main directory in order to get the one driver that works, no success...It goes way beyond me , why reasonable much can become loaded all over the world , but other locations not .Par example: the high resolution satellite area of Los Angelos is great flyable with _very_ high framerates with a very beautiful 4x Anti Aliaising picture, the strong feature of the Voodoo 5 , but then the show stops (PC crash) near SFO ......:-(( Thank you for taken the time to reply,regards,Wouter

Guest Hagar

Short & sharp tip: Get rid of Voodoo anyway. It`s too old now and not supported by anyone, neither is there someone out there to help you.(I know what I talk about, I was with Voodoo since the start up to Voodoo2 or 3, using Supeer EF2000 as my last sim with those cards)...And many years ago....those cards were up-front, but today you won`t get any support no more...3Dfx is dead.Forget about those reviews. Never suits your hardware anyway.

Andrew,Iam planning a Geforce in the AGP slot, but the Voodoo will stay in the PCI slot :-) Iam happy with the 'old' Voodoo 5 with 64MB!, generally considered as the best card ever made for the PCI slot, and very well in playing the other games.Original Fly! has its problems , I seriously hope that one of the Voodoo 5 fly!-ers will read this , and give some advices. Thanks.Wouter

Guest Hagar

I was a tad too short & sharp in my first post. Have to use Notepad more :)From US Navy Fighters, EF2000 and Falcon4 times some years ago, the Voodoo cards were the best ones out there. After Voodoo2 I left 3DFx and bought the first TNT card, and they were a dissappointment!Sometimes I miss both Voodoo2 and especially Super EF2000...So, enjoy your V5 card and have a Merry Christmas.