Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Need Help with Video Card !

Guest pilotsim7828

1) Does anybody know what patches i need to run Fly! II With the ( All-in wonder Radeon 8500DV 64 MB) video card; This card is also used to watch T.V. On the computer? 2) Can I run A splice from the cable modem to the card from the modem Without causing degradation from the internet? Any HElp would be appreciated. Jeff Akins aka: Pilotsim7828 P.S. This Card Cost me $200.00 Usd:-zhelp

Guest tonyc

Try turning off yoour "environmental "settings. I don't remember, but I think they are in your "scenery" options.tony

Guest pilotsim7828

Well Tony still did`nt work ! Turned everything off ,shadows enviromental AI and as you can see from the above pics frame rates, Compared to the more recent pics , The frame rates keep falling 747= FPS 74/cnt=16172 frame rates are lower than before.Things just keep dissappearing, I even downloaded the video drivers from avsim patches < NO JOY > Jeff Akinsjaakins@charter.net

Guest tonyc

the frame rate issue is related to several things: your agp aperture and your render.ini. If your agp aperture is set too high( in your bios), the render.ini settings, specifically hom much memory slots you aloocate to the various graphic tile can be greater. But, and it's a big but, because agp aperture ram is much slower than video ram, when the vido card needs more ram( due to complex scenery)it taps into the regular ram, which, of course, drops your fps. If your reduce your agp memory settings( let's say to 8 meg or 16 meg), FLY will atry to be totally dependent on the video memory( thus the higher fps), but if your render.ini allocates more ram than the video card has available , FLY will crash. The solution: there are a number of sample render.ini her in the forum for you to experiment with. Look at the agp aperture and keep reducing until you're somewhere between 8 and 32 meg. Your 128 allocation seems awfully high. I'd go down to 300. As for those strange streaks, that's video card driver related.Here's my render.ini, but keep in mind that I have a geforce 128 meg.[Graphics]mipLevelCount=8vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=16maxTextures32_565=40maxTextures64=192maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=300maxTextures128_565=500maxTextures256=64maxTextures256_565=128maxTextures512=12maxTextures512_565=20maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896maxTextures64=16[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0tony

Guest pilotsim7828

O.K.- I tried that to ,Even went and downloaded MemCalc. Still no good > Now that i did that , It is even worse. I Guess it was better off using one of those cheap vid cards. Pilotsim7828 Jeff Akins> Oh also my e- mail is down too, ( what else is going to happen)

Guest Sabadin

What version of Catalyst drivers are you running? Don't get any of those problems with my 128MB 8500LE.

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi, Sabadin: I`m running a Raedeon 64 MB ALL-In WONDER video card On windows 98 350 mhz P II 196 MB RAM Also I can`t seem to load the drivers for video capture I`ve been to drivers .com to download the dll files but Still not being able to get the drivers in there Jeff Akins ( pilotsim7828) jaakins@charter.net

Guest Sabadin

get your drivers from www.ati.com , the performance issues are most likely being caused by your processor having trouble keeping up.

Guest Dean

Your FPS in the first picture is 4. 72/18=4. In order to see FPS in a more familier format, go into your fly.ini and change the allow debug info line to 1. You'll then see FPS in the bottom right hand corner. What version level are you at? You should see this at the setup screen. Have you downloaded and installed any patches and did you do them in the right order? You should be patched to version 230 but do not install the the video patch. The complete patch to 230 contains later versions of those files. I'm sure there is a solution to your problem, just need more info to help.

Guest pilotsim7828

Just upgraded from windows 98 (s.e.) To windows XP loaded the disk to capture videeo mode for the T.V. Now that I have that installed, I`ll try to install Fly ! II Dean , I`ll try your suggestion, There may have been the mistake I made NOT INSTALLING THE PATCHES !! Jeff Akins Pilotsim7828 Also E- Mail has changed once more: jaakins36@msn.com

Guest Sabadin

hope you get it up and running fine, these are really wonderful cards once they're working right.tanker.jpg

Guest pilotsim7828

Can someone show me thier Fly.ini and render ini for a64 mb raedeon card. Jeff Akins

Guest pilotsim7828

Please Some Help !!! New Card Installed--- Fps Looks Good, but stutters real bad. Bleed thru on aircraft alsoJeff Akinsjaakins@charter.net