Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

LFPO Disappears when Flying to, but not when starting a

I cannot seem to figure out what is causing this. When I start at LFPO, all the TerraModels (ROTW's models) appear - airport looks great. But when I fly from another airport (far enough away so that the LFPO models would not have loaded at startup), upon arrival, there are no models whatsoever. I don't know if its related to this greens-square problem (see photo below), but I believe this disappearing models problem and the green square problem both started at about the same time. NOTE: I am using other ROTW airport sceneries. I do not have the ROTW revised generic Europe textures installed. I have a load of other add-ons. Short of starting from scratch, does anyone have a clue here?Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v40.72, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I have had that big yellow/green square once, but didnt have the vanishing act with it. I think I just took all the scenery out for that area and did a re install.But why the vanishing act, Im goofed???Steve

Guest jjlobo

David,The problem in your scenery seams to be is caused by the Taxiways developed probably with the Taxiway (installed with Fly 230). When developing taxiways if you get two curves too close the Taxiway advise you that there is a Poligon Triangulation Error and paint the area, in the Taxiway software screen, in red. If you don't correct it and start fly, the green retangle apears.If you didn't develop it try to contact the developer and negotiate a correction.I hope this helpsCheers!___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

I didn't develop any taxiways - just downloaded the taxi files from ROTW. I'm using "Francetaxi-f2_v23.zip" from the ROTW site.Now that I have a clue, though, I will extract the taxiways from LFPOTaxi.pod that came with the LFPO add-on and place them in my DATA directory. If I understand how Fly searches PODs and the DATA directory, the extracted taxiway files in the Data directory should be loaded rather than those in the v23 pod file.Any comments from ROTW on this?And any other ideas about the TerraModels disappearing?-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v40.72, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I found that LFPO taxiways from a file called "FranceTaxi" dated August 2001 work. The LFPO taxiways that came with the LFPO TerraModels scenery create the green box, as do taxiways included in v22 and v23 France taxiway files from ROTW.Only problem is that now the taxiways and buildings are not aligned - there is a grassy space between the apron and the terminals.I now need to test the disappearing buildings problem with the older taxiways. Didn't have a chance this past weekend, but will post when I have an update.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v40.72, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.