Sign in to follow this  

Did you know that you can drag the panel

Guest Fly II Pilot

Simply hold down the CTRL key (you'll see that the mouse cursor turns into a Hand) and then just left-click and drag the panel in whichever direction you want with your mouse! It's instant!This is certainly not new, and maybe most of you already knew it, but I've been using Fly! since day 1 and I just realized this today!!! Until today I've been using the keyboard to pan left/right and up/down or the Flight Yoke buttons...You can then disable the Mouse Scrolling under OptionsCockpit and avoid the deadly and undesirable "runaway mouse" that scrolls your panel all the way down or up during a landing... Been there, done that.Hope I'm not the only one who didn't know this...Regards,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Lindy

No, you're not the only one. Although I did just discover this myself a few weeks ago. I especially like the function when I'm in the copters because those panels really block any forward view. But if I move it a little down and to the left, at least I can see where I'm going. Also, there is a regular "mouse scrolling cockpit" option that you can turn on and off if you want. It's up in the Menu somewhere. ;-)-Lindy

Guest Dean

Disable the runaway mouse? As many times as I've seen that scrolling mouse selection, I never realized what it did!:-doh I wish I could fly the helicopter! At least longer than 1 minute before spiraling out of control.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dean:Are you using a yoke or a joystick? That makes quite a difference.I'm really tempted to buying something already made such as the MRVC:http://www.rcsimulations.com/copyprice.htmor attempting to build one following these instructions:http://www.biztool.com/flightsim/control/main1old.htmland if you really have some extra $$$ you can go with:http://www.advancedsimulation.com/helipak.htmHave you visited the Helo Forum (towards the end of the list)?Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest ben_

I also didn't realize that Fly!2 allowed SHIFT-Click on gauges to create extra moveable gauges until I saw a post from Randall a while back.Ben

Guest ben_

LindyAlejandro reminded me of a Fly!2 cabability which is handy for the helicopter - when looking at the down view to the ground, you can copy the important gauges you keep looking for at that last minute :-)Ben

Guest Lindy

Thanks for the reminders, Ben. I admit I had forgotten that little trick, but then even when I knew it, I didn't use it very often!!However now that I'm flying the helicopters more, it will certainly come in handy.-Lindy

Hmm, I didn't know this one. Used Shift-Arrows all the time... Thanks for sharing the info. :)Dave

Guest ben_

You're welcome Lindy.It does make me wonder how many tricks I and others have missed along the way . It's been a bad year for my computer - Hard Disk crash at the start of the year and HD (virus? ) a couple of months ago. I have literally missed months of forum information. On well, all part of the fun :-)Ben