Sign in to follow this  

A request for "Da Man" Geoff..

Geoff...dittos on all the great comments on your Debonair. I would like to get some real flying numbers from you for this plane.. rotation, Vy, Vx, etc. I have not found them in any of the docs so far. If you could take a minute and perhaps educate us on how you fly the plane ( power settings at different stages, etc) it would sure add to the realism on this end. Thanks for making our hobby even more enjoyable!

I believe if you pull up the "kneeboard" I put them all in there. If not let me know-I've kinda been swamped since the release-never expected all this hullaboo!Just off the top of my head-Pull the nose off around 65.Climb initially at 90 mph.Let the nose drop-climb at about 104 mph (putting the gear up kinda does this for you).Reduce power to 25" and 2500Gradually go to best climb speed of 120 mphAt altitude 23" and 2300 rpm-150 knts or around 166 mph indicatedOn descent watch it-the bird is slippery-even a 500 mph descent gets you near the yellow line.On base maintain about 100 mphfinal about 90 mphIf doing and instrument approach-17 " in the summer on downwind 15" in the winterAt the outer marker drop the gear-this should cause a 500 minute descent with no adjustment and about 120 mph indicatedFull flaps when the runway sitedAlso-21" with the gear down to maintain level flightHope that helps-again off the top of my head!geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Thanks Geoff....only problem I am having is the flaps, I am putting them down in increments (F7 key) but it still has a cow when I go full flaps about the speed ( I can be doing 0 on the ground and I get the message) any ideas on whats up with that?Thanks again

Guest Twister

Hi Geof,I just wanted to thank you and James for the amazing Deb !You are definitely raising the bar for freeware packages - measuring up will be extremely difficult !All the bestTwister

>On descent watch it-the bird is slippery-even a 500 mph >descent gets you near the yellow line. Cor blimey Geof, I knew Beeches were fast, but....wow! What's the redline? ;) PS Love your Deb!