Sign in to follow this  

FSMeteo Help

I just downloaded the FSMeteo DEMO. I can't seem to figure how to get it to work. I have done everything that it tells me to do. :-hmmm I will start the simulator and then FSMeteo. Then, I click on start and it downloads the weather information.After that, I don't know what to do. How do I get it to work in MSFS2002? :-grrWhen I go into the simulator it will have the default weather information. Am I suppose to import it into the simulator?Any help is greatly appreciated.P.S. Keep in mind, I have downloaded the demo version so far. I believe it is version 4.7.

Why is this board so quiet today?

Guest Stephan

Say, you did install FSUIPC.dll?Stephan

There is no need to do anything within fs2k2 normally. FSMeteo will commmunicate with fs2k2 via fsuipc in the background.cheersmmmol

give this a try:1. start FS, locate your aircraft where you want ... like EGLL at some gate or ramp whatever2. make sure you have installed FSUIPC ... you should see a MODULES entry on the menu bar, and when you click ... should see FSUIPC3. start FS_Meteo ... click on start .. Meteo will think and try to locate a server (assuming you are cable or DSL connected, or otherwise dialed into the internet)sometimes this takes a minute or two4. a bell will ring and cryptic metar data for your location will appear ... you can do "decode local" for Meteo to decode the METAR for you.There really is no manifestation of METEO except the METEO window itself. It updates MSFS variables such as wind direction and speed, temps, baro, and winds/temps at various altitudes. If you are flying PIC, DF or PSS A320 (and maybe others) which support a wind direction and speed vector on the ND you will know METEO is running ... every 6 minutes or so the bell will ring indicating that the data has been updated from the closest airport weather to where you are in space and time on the planet.You can pay a few $$$ or euros or whatver and get the METEO gauge .. then you can see the data "live" as it changes.Great product ... adds another interesting dimension to FS.

Got it! :-yellow1 Thanks to all of you.I must say, that it is completely accurate. Very impressing. I will be ordering today.Anyone know how longs it takes for shipment, assuming I pay by check? Or is it better to just pay $10 more and get it online?Thanks. :D

Keith,Have you had any problems logging onto the server today? I haven't been able to log on for the last couple of hours. Seems like their website is down also. :-(Hope this isn't common.

Yes, I'm having trouble logging on too right now. Can't do it. Even the Meteo site is down. Terrific, I just installed the full version to have some fun and the sever's down! :DBut anyway, yes this does happen once in a while, unfortunately, but for the most part it's usually working fine. Nature of the beast, I guess. It's just like any internet connection (like my cable modem), sometimes they just don't work for a few hours. But it'll come back soon I'd think.http://mywebpages.comcast.net/archive/keith-sig.jpg