Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Marc Schrier - Cleared for Take Off -

I have been trying to find an email address for Marc Schrier creator of C4TO. Marc, if you read this message please email me at k_nader@bellsouth.netthank you

Marc Schrier has passed the baton off to my unworthy hands. Is there anything that I can help you with?Cheers, Tony

Hi Tony,How should I read this message? Are you working on the further development of C4TO??

Hi Tony, I too am having problems with C4TO. What does it mean when it says a radio station (e.g. some Alaskan approaches) is 'Not in Range'? Alt-A is selecting the correct frequency and the Lat/Long of the radio station is EXACTLY the same as the airport. I fail to see why it is 'Not In Range'. Unfortunately the script is scrambled so I can't fix it (I'm a programmer of 20 years experience).Cheers,Colin Begg

Guest Eagle

I get the same message at times for two reasons:1) Plane is too large to land on the short runways.2) Have to wait until about 10 miles from airport and then try again.May not be much help, but that is my experience.

Hi Wayne, Unfortunately neither situation helps, thanks anyway. I'm using Navajo Chieftain (Kodiak?!) and I can try even when landed at the airport. The built-in ATC already has Approach (on the same frequency) in range. Approach should have at least 40 nm range to be any use in preparing for an approach!Colin Begg

Hi Hans,Yes. I am doing further development. I am presently converting C4TO to a DLL. When this work is complete, I will be fixing a few approach anomalies (ILS approach to non-ILS runway, that sort of thing) and then will be able to take requests). Unfortunately, my schedule is "manic"--no better word to describe things as they stand--and my Fly! II work has had to take a back seat to more pressing issues. I do expect to have a serious chunk of time during the Christmas holidays and will (fingers crossed here) complete the migration. Hope this clarifies things...Cheers,Tony

I'll do my best to try and track this problem down.Cheers, Tony

Tony,My testing shows that this appears to be an Alaskan problem only - in other locations where Approach was not available till closer was just that..."out of range"...for both C4TO and the default ATC. Under normal circumstances with such an occurrance (which is rare) 5-6 miles more seems to allow communication.I've found a number of improper entries in the Alaskan COM & AIRPORT DBs, but they don't appear to be the root of the problem - repairing them has made no difference so far.I'm going to see if Marc may have any ideas on this - what is it about Alaska that disallows Approach communications?

Randall Rocke

Tony,That's very good news. Thank you for all your efforts. Hope to hear from you soon !! Have a nice and quit Christmas (so that you can work on).

TonyI experience "out of range" for both C4TO and default ATC at approaches to Japanese airports. Unfortunately, it stays out of range even when right overhead of the airport. Good for VFR practice.Also, after installing latest Fly! II patch, V2.50.240, I had several CTD's which I believe resulted from Advanced_Logbook_102519.zip (V1.1). Once I removed associated files, no CTD. I will try to re-install with the new fly.exe. Great program for recording flights.Thanks for all your fantastic add-on programs.Robert Kozan