Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

Video Cards, Talk About Trouble !

Guest pilotsim7828

Boy ,Iam just About to trash this Computer... Jeff Akinsjaakins@charter.net

Did you set the vertexIndexFormat=0 to 0 ??? in the render.ini Or else try putting it to one...cheers

Did you install DX 7.0 from the original cd ? Which card is it ?We need more to try to help you...Yves

Guest pilotsim7828

I have updatded the latest drivers from ATIcatalyst 2.1It`s a radeon 8500 dv , Did the updates for Fly!,Even Loaded the video update# 2Went to the render .ini and put vertex=0 & 1. no change to anything, it just seems like this card was`nt made for this sim. this card was made for watching Television, But has the capablities for games.I did find that the video capture will not install for the T.V.Running P6bx-me Motherboard196000 Mb RamT.V. Cable hooked up to the card for T.VCable Modem 131 kbps downloading rateDVD rom w/ hook ups to the video card & sound card.Tv & DVD work Great Fs 2002 & Fly! 2K also work Great. Just Fly! II does not workAt all... Thank you for your help And concern for meI would love to get this sim working again. Jeff Akinsjaakins@chater.net

Hi Jeff,I really feel for you, I bought a new card not so long ago and had problems too. I sent it back in the end.Anyway, if you get it sorted out I will do a repaint just for you.All the best my friend.

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks My Freind;I Did find out running windows XP, That I could not installDirect x on the Fly ! CDEven though i think XP has it already installed for itI will do a diagnostic for Direct X when i get home,Later Today. Question?How do i go in and change the AGP Apeture, Is that in the Bios,Or Cmos? Jeff Akins

Guest Lindy

You should be able to find your AGP aperture setting when you get into Setup at boot. You may have to do a little searching for it but it should be in there.The card IS an AGP card, right? Fly!2 doesn't like PCI cards. Silly question, I suppose, but just checking. ;-)Good luck.-Lindy

Guest Colins2

Jeff,It's been a while, but are you sure that you should have installed video update 2?From memory, that was only for Nvidia cards.Anyway, the v230 patch should have the correct driver dlls.Colin

Guest pilotsim7828

I have tried everything in the book,Even stuff i did not need or thought would work, But Did`nt work.I have as of now deleted Fly! from my HD, And might Reinstall when things start to work.I`m going to try to see what the appeture is after reinstalling Then patch it up.Please Give me;Render .iniFly.iniVideo settings for something like this cardPease help me in theses areas! And thanks for all of your help!!!!!!!! Jeff Akins

Jeff,You should not have installed the video drivers of Patch beta Build 230 or the Video Update (at least, not for long). All of these are for nVidia cards only - they are not compatible with ATI.After patching up thru v210, save the tri*.dlls in a safe location. When you install v230, the update will overwrite the dlls with the new (incompatible) versions. Then, simply overwrite these dlls with you're saved copies and you should be in business.Also, the switch vertexIndexFormat=1 in the render.ini is probably the correct setting for you, as this was put in specifically to resolve an issue with ATI cards. Everyone else should change this setting to "0". Of course, if after all of this you're still not getting good performance, you could try changing it to "0", but only if the "1" setting doesn't work.

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

So, Randall. Do I need to save All DLL files ?Jeff Akins

Nope. Just the 3 tri*.dll files. You'll find them in the root of Fly!II.

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

Thanks ,I`ll reinstall And try Everything that you,All of you good people told me WISH ME LUCK !! Jeff Akins