Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

Video Cards, Talk About Trouble !

Guest Sabadin

First of I would reccomend intsalling the Catalyst 2.3 or 2.4 drivers as they're a little more matured. VertexIndexFormat=1 does many nasty things to my 8500LE so I would leave that at 0. The video updates seem to have no real effect one way or another, doesn't really run better, but it still works fine. Are you using DirectX 8 or Direct X 8 T&L from within the program? Would you mind listing your Direct3D settings for the card to see if something has gone wrong there. Other than that I can't think of anything else that would help.

Guest Sabadin

OK, but how about the card's D3D settings from your desktop properties ;)

Guest pilotsim7828

How Can I get there, Dont mean to be Dumb>OH CAN you take a look at my ini & Render .ini files too! Thank you Jeff Akins

Guest Sabadin

Not sure how it works on XP but it should be something likeright click on your desktop->properties->settings->advanced->Direct3DAnd for your render.ini change vertexindexformat=1 to a 0. 1 is only good for Nvidia cards.

Sabadin,You've got that backwards - "1" was for ATI cards only. Everyone else should be on "0". Now that doesn't mean that "0" won't work for some ATI cards too.I believe that the "1" parameter was to resolve a particular problem with one set of ATI cards.

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

O.K. Guys, Nothing is working !I`ll Send you What happened next... Here it isIs it time to give up yet ?Jeff Akins

Guest pilotsim7828

1ST Pic = Direct X 72ND Pic = Direct X 8:-fume

I take it you've tried this with and without T&L?You mention DirectX 8 - are you using DirectX 8.1? This is the download area for DirectX 8.1. If you are using XP with the Service Pack, you can download the new 8.1b. If you are not using the Service Pack, you can install DirectX 8.1a.The particular problem you are showing has always been cleared up in the past by being sure to use the old tri video drivers and/or a vertexindex setting change, so I'm a little stumped!I am also including a render.ini to try - but, I'm afraid that you may have found a card that is totally incompatible with Fly!II. This would be the first example I've seen, outside of some of the old VooDoo cards.[Graphics]mipLevelCount=5vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=20maxTextures32_565=20maxTextures64=16maxTextures64_565=110maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=85maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

I Wonder why, when i put the CD in and tried to install theDirect x off the CD , It would not install. I guess XP already has it installed , Except for 8.1a or 8.1b. Jeff Akins

Yes - I believe that XP comes with DirectX 8.1 as part of the OS.

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

Yes , It does But why does it not show in the tools.It only shows 8.0 I went to the microsoft website and it is included in the SP1for XP I guess it time for me to say goodbye to FLY !II Jeff Akins

Guest pilotsim7828

Just When I`m about to give up, THINGS DO TURN AROUND. I Can`t express the GRADITUDE i feel for you guy`s helping me outALL of these people on this list are the best !!!!!!!!!!!!!:-beerchug :-bluegrab LIMP1500 YV VSCIMONE ARAGON which BTW where is my new paint job (ESTATIC LAUGHTER) COLLINS2 RANDLLR SABADIN (You hung in there greatly> thanks for not giving up on me) All of your help was the best on this earth!!! LOOK:-eek

Guest Sabadin

Glad to see you got it up and running finally :) . Hope it works well for you in the long run. And I guess the vertexindexformat varies with the ATI models randall, because setting it to 1 on an 8500LE is not a pretty sight lol.

As I recall, Rich stated that it was added for an ATI card or one particular series of ATI cards - some of the problems were created when people with nVidia-based cards had it turned on. I actually ran it set to "1" for a couple of months with my nVidia card and didn't experience any problems. When the word came out to set it to "0", I changed it to be safe.OK Jeff - don't leave us hanging - what was the "magic bullet" that resolved your problem?

Randall Rocke

Guest pilotsim7828

Hey Guy`s Thanks ever so much.I did had to ADD the line (maxTexture32_565=20 )For some wierd reason that was not in there , So I just TYPED in that part that was missing!Also BTW direct X8.1 a&b,Will not install on XP I guess this is allready built in. Thanks EVER SO MUCH (sorry about the caps) But that`s how much I owe you people. Jeff Akinsjaakins@charter.net:-wave See the text below