Sign in to follow this  

Startup screen Problem

I have downloaded fly graphics & converted my bmp picture with it to make the act and pbm files. I renamed the files as needed and put them in the UI/ loading screen folder. But all Im getting is a black screen with the writing on when starting fly???Could anyone give me a helping hand here. Im also using PSP 5.Sorry to put it in the regular forum, I posted in the Developers forum but no luckSteve Brown"The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Hi Steve,Please zip your LoadingScreen folder and mail it to me.I`ll have a look at it.flybike@leendejagertweewielers.nlyou can give it a try with my loadingscreenwww.leendejager.nl/loading screen.zipregards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Many thanks LeenI will have a go with yours now.Cheers mateSteve Brown"The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Yes it works perfectly,so Im doing something wrong in the process. Could you please let me know what you do from scratch as this is something I want to offer with each scenery or repaint I do.By the way fab work I really like what you have done.mailme@brown8506.freeserve.co.ukSteve Brown"The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

I have also noticed that Fly Graphics keeps on saying there was an error converting my file and asks if its a tri supported file. I keep trying to convert a bmp???Steve Brown"The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Hi Steve,After making your BMP,you have to reduce the colors to 256 ( indexing )FlyGraphics can only work with 256 clrs pic`sThink this will solve the prob.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen, I've also been having problems getting a different loading screen. In fact, I took your files you shared here and it still didn't work. Here is what I'm doing:1) make sure searchpodfilesfirst=0 in fly.ini2) create a folder called Fly!II/UI/Loadingscreen3) place the contents of your zip in the Loadingscreen folderAm I doing anything wrong? No matter what I do, I still see the standard loading screens.

Hi Dan,create a folder called Fly!II/UI/Loadingscreen = you wroteThis folder should be named Loading Screenjust unzip my zip and you`ll have a folder put the contents of myloadingscreen folder in your Loading Screen ( with the space betweenLoading and Screen )folder.I think the space will do the trick.your FLY-friend

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Oh well,Yours works wonderful on mine, still when I have done my own...the black screen again.Question How do you save your bmp with paintshop pro to a 256 color just incase Im doing this wrong as I have noticed that there are a lot of options when you want to convert to bitmap, and whats the indexing. Could this be were Im going wrong?Steve Brown"The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Hi Steve,Open your BMP in PSP.Go to colorsThen go to decrease colordepthThen go to 256 colorsNow you get a multiple choice screen.Just chose one of them and look at the drawing for color quality.If the colors go wrong do ctrl+zTry again with another setting an when the picture stays in goodquality ( as best as 256 can offer you) it`s done.Now save the file an go on with FlyGraphicsSucces

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Nope dont work for me, not sure whats wrong but "somethin aint right"I think I may send you my bmp tomorrow its blown my mind away todayMany thanks for your kind help once again ;-)Steve Brown"The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Isnt it funny how you can walk away from a problem .....Have a few beers .....Then a few more .....Go back to the problem and learn it wasnt a problem after all?My bmps were in true colour and not 256, all is fine now and I have done my first loading screens.Thankyou Leen & Vin for your help and commentsVin, is PMDG going to do any more scenery for us?The Greek scenery even works on my computer .... wonderful stuff.Steve Brown"The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)