Sign in to follow this  

What speed for full flaps on Debonair

First, let me say that this is a truly unique and exceptional simulation. And a fantastic job on the airfile as well as the panel.I too have the HSI problem but I have one other problem - (I think), when on final, if I try to put in the last notch of flaps, I get a message that the airspeed is excessive and the flaps won't deploy. After landing and coming to stop, the flaps extend to the last notch, at 0 airspeed. I have looked throught the manual and either am missing something or something is wrong with my installation. Everything else is super great! I really like the pull down panel idea! And I am excitedly looking forward to the VC which looks great in the teaser!Congratulations to Geofa on a truly superior aircraft!!!

Hmmmmmmm...I have never experienced something like this. I have even deployed full flaps at near 200knts and the deployed successfully, and no messages to boot. I'll look into it further.http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je4.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

I have exactly the same problem! The final flaps just wont deploy. Though I dont have the panel problem, cant figure out where to set the altitude for AP alt hold. It is a great aircraft indeed but find it a tad too powered during t/o for an aicraft in that category. PIV 2.0 windows XP Pro works beautifully never has any peoblems with FS or any add-on whatsoever but then I am not a tweaker either!!Santanu Nandy

I haven't seen this either-but I have a feeling it might be this:The flaps are a down up venture-no detents or settings like 10,20 ,30 degrees. The normal flap speed is 120 mph. I have a feeling that perhaps some are dropping full 30 degrees flaps instantly-perhaps ms2002 that expects 10,20,30 chunks senses that you should be slower in one of those ranges and gives you the message.Unfortunately-as I am messing around trying to improve this thing I have lost my flaps for now-when I get them back I'll have a look-but I never saw this message. It could also be a realism setting that needs to be turned off in the realism menu. (Some of them don't seem to be realsitic(thats an oxymoron) so I may have the one that triggers this off anyway! :-lolhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

I thought I should post some specs about my system:AMD XP 2000512 RamSB PCI 128 CH Virtual Pilot Pro Yoke with Flaps on 3rd button in left sideI do have another anomoly about flaps that occurs intermittently with most A/C including default, flaps sometimes stick in the cycling and you hear the flap sound constantly until I reverse the flap action (up or down). This happens with keyboard, joystick, and CH Pro systems. I've just learned to live with it.

Read the manual on the autopilot usage. You basically trim the aircraft-then push alt. After that if the aircraft goes out of trim the lights on the right side will let you know to adjust. It is an stec 50 autopilot-you can search for stec and go to their site and download the real manual if interested. Thanks to Reality Xp for making this custom instrument!http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

I have had the exact same problem you are referring to, where you set a flaps setting, and it just keeps on running, playing the sound and deploying the flaps forever.Happens mostly with the default Caravan, so it would appear to have nothing to do with the planes themselves, probably a button stuck problem within the base sim code. I have a MS FF/2 stick, using the default FS2K config. Easy to reproduce, just mash the flaps up & down and up & down a few times, you'll get stuck ;-)Hitting the reverse direction of flaps clears the problem ...Ray

Geof,It appears the flap warning message appears only when the realism setting "Aircraft Stress Causes Damage" is selected. With that unchecked the flaps will go to 100%. However, on my system, the flaps don't work as you say they should. Whether I use the flap controls on the panel or the usual F6 F7 keys, the flaps travel only to two positions: 50% and 100%. This isn't really a big deal, I just can't figure out why they don't work as designed.I'm also having a couple other problems I've seen mentioned here briefly but haven't seen a solution for. I've read the manual on how to use the autopilot but as soon as I turn the thing on it takes control of the pitch trim and trys to mantain the pitch angle the aircraft was at when it was engaged. I've found no way to prevent this and it makes the autopilot pretty much unusable.Finally, the VSI needle is not showing the correct value, as shown by the following image. The value being shown in the tool-tip display here seems to be the actual rate of climb, The VSI needle seems always to be off by a factor of 2.>FILE UPLOAD ERROR - PLEASE CONTACT YOUR ADMIN REMOTE UPLOADING DENIED

Yikes! Thats valuable news on the vsi-so the plane is climbing right but the gauge is showing wrong-this could be an incredible find! Thanks.I haven't experienced what you report on the autopilot-perhaps someone else can help here. I will look into it though. Is it possible your trim is way off-perhaps because of the different default aircraft?-Check the trim tab before takeoff and see.As I recall (I am busy redoing a couple gauges)-I did use 2 flaps settings. I don't think it is possible to do it the real way in fs and this was the closest I could get.Thanks again-great stuff!Geofhttp://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

>Yikes! Thats valuable news on the vsi-so the plane is climbing right but the gauge is showing wrong-this could be an incredible find! Tell Peter S. right away. And to think he blamed your AVGAS! :)bt

Geof,Yup, been doing the self-test thing. All the lateral modes work perfectly fine it just takes over pitch control with or without ALT engaged. Gonna do a some more testing, seems like I had this happen once on another 3rd party a/c but can't remember which one now.Ugh, well, it looks like I'm having the same problem with ALL aircraft now. So I guess it must be something wrong on my end, though I have no idea what.Clyde