Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Fix for Fly!2 Flipping Back to Desktop: Norton Software

I posted a while ago reporting a problem I had w/ Fly!2 flipping back to the desktop after running it. I originally thought this had to do with a Windows XP utility called StyleXP, but I've since found the solution and thought I'd share it.There is a common problem with running many directx games if you've installed the 2003 versions of some Norton products. I know this happens with Norton Antivirus 2003 and Norton Internet Security 2003. When these are installed, directx games can't get control of the desktop. I found that killing a process called ccapp.exe (a Norton shared components executable) fixed the problem, but then I couldn't access the Internet.The fix is: 1) Run the LiveUpdate utility to update your products (especially Norton Internet Security)2) You may also need to update a registry entry. Run regedit.exe and locate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Microsoft > Windows > CurrentVersion > Run and edit these two keys:[ul][li]ccApp > edit the key to add quotes around the entire file path[li]ccRegVfy > also edit the key to add quotes around the entire file path[/ul]This may help anyone who has had the same problems I have. Now Fly!2 runs great every time!

Thanks for the info! I haven't had that much of a problem and have simply Disabled Auto-Protect before a flight.Now, there have been some rare circumstances where I'm flying along, press a view combination like Ctrl+4 and get thrown harshly to the desktop. Since this happens about once in 20 flights, it's not a common enough occurrence to point to anything. Your finding makes me wonder if Norton may be the culprit in these events - if it happens again, I'll try your solution.

Randall Rocke

Hi folks,Running FLY2 and NAV2003 on XP without problems.Think just Norton Internet Security is the problem.

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints