Sign in to follow this  

Need some help with Hawaii....

Hi everyone,I tried to install Hawaii: The Big Island by Don Bishop,but no success! Tried to place it in different folders incl.the shared folder, but the scenery doesn't show up.Has anybody got it working?Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you,Rodger

Guest Fly II Pilot

Rodger:In addition to the .POD file, do you also have the .SCF?Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

yes Alejandro,the big island.pod and the big island.scf are both in the main folder big_island 1.Rodger

Hi Rodger,Sorry to hear you're having trouble with The Big Island. Since I uploaded it last July this is the first report I've seen that there was any difficulty in displaying the scenery. I know it is a large file but you might want to try downloading it again.I know for me I've always kept the pod and scf files in a folder called The Big Island within the scenery folder and it's worked fine. One thing though, when I created scenery for Maui it worked fine together with The Big Island but when I added scenery for Oahu then Maui dissappeared -- The Big Island was unaffected though so maybe it's not relevant to what your experiencing. Sorry I can't be of any more help. I would like to know if others have had the same difficulty you've had. Don

Don;I down loaded your great Big Island with no problems,but was unaware you had finished producing Maui and Oahu. have you uploaded them to Avsim files? I don't recall seeing them in the scenery listings. Please let me know if you have uploaded them and/where I can find them.Phil

Phil,I guess "finished" is the key word. Right now Maui and Oahu live only on my hard drive. Maui needs the most work. Oahu has been close to ready for awhile now and I need to find the time to get it done. The problem is the Fly! runways don't match up at all well with my placement of a satellite photo on top of a terrascene rendering. I can move the runways with VolEdit but I don't really understand what impact that would have on the navaids and if I would need to change anything else. The bigger problem is the runway at Honolulu International that sits on a reef out in the bay. It doesn't show up in the basic Fly! scenery (only water)so when you try to taxi out on my satellite photo, placed over underlying water, you sink. I tried to place solid ground underneath with Elrond Elvish's program but couldn't get it to take effect. Also attempted to use Colin's shapefile modifier (sorry, don't recall the name at the moment) and I'm sure both tools work just great but I didn't immediately get it so have left it alone for awhile. I'm hoping to have some time after the holidays to complete Oahu and get it uploaded. I appologize for the long delay. Just to show you what I'm talking about with regard to the runways, here's a few screenshots of Oahu airports.Don

DonGreat pics. I downloaded your Big Island with no problems, even have it in a big_island sub-folder to Hawaii <=(sub to scenery). I was there in winter of '98 (uncle lives on Oahu) so it was a thrill to see the lava flows. Any way to make steam where the hot lava meets the ocean? Just kidding.Robert