Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

INCREASE IN FPS

Guest chezz

This might be of interest to some who has a GFORCE2 MX/MX 400 (just like what I got). I had a clean install of Nvidia 40.72 driver, deleted the registry of the old Nvidia driver before installing this new driver. My FPS cockpit view with scenery 15-18 FPS, observer view 25-30 FPS, spot view 25-30FPs, tower view 40 FPS, scenery slider 40. Set 3d-Antialiasing 2x. Set directx T&L.here my system:SOYO KT-400100G HDD256 XMS PC27000 CORSAIRAMD XP 1800+videocard gforce2 mx/mx400 64mbfly2 patch 230Windows ME (uninsttled XP due to flicker problem)chrisrpll

Offtopic, but the flicker issue is really minor. You can install a tiny little program which will fix it for you very quickly.http://www.pagehosting.co.uk/rf/If I were to choose between XP and ME, I would definitely choose XP unless I wanted to run older games or if I needed support for some old hardware.BTW, I do have XP installed and that's what I run Fly! with. No flicker problems at all. :)Dave

I would choose XP as well and that's what I did ;)I'll have to test those new drivers, I'm a bit sceptik... but who knows what my geforce 2mx400 can do...cheers

Guest chezz

Hi Dave,Well maybe I will try to install XP again, but I noticed I'm getting a vertex error in FLY2 if I select directx 8 T&L so I have to set it to DIrectX 8. I have to re-format my drive to remove/uninstall XP this really messed up my system and I loss all my files. Will XP increase my FPS more than what I have now? BTW FLY2 is the only flightsim/games that resides in my HD.cheerschrisrpll

Guest Fly II Pilot

Chris:I was using the newest Nvidia's drivers for my GeForce 3 Ti500 64Mb, then per a suggestion in the Forum, I switched to MSI's drivers. After the latest Windows XP update I was getting a Vertex error right after the helicopter screen loaded at 100%. Since then, I switched back to the newest Nvidia's drivers and the error is gone. I'm having the flicker bug again but I'd rather have that than the error and subsequent CTD. Let's hope that the next version will solve that problem.By the way, I'm using DirectX 8 T&L.You may also want to try disabling Antialiasing and/or Anisotropic filtering before reinstalling anything. If it works without these option then you can gradually increase them one at a time. These two options reduce the amount of available Video memory.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Hi ChrisCould you please post a copy of your render.ini.file. I have the same card as you and I would like to compare with mine.Qdog

Guest tonyc

My experience with vertex errors has been with overallocated slots in the render.ini vs agp aperture.tony

Guest chezz

Hi Qdog,Here's my remder.ini.[Graphics]mipLevelCount=4vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=20maxTextures32_565=20maxTextures64=16maxTextures64_565=110maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=300maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=85maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=60chris