Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Schenectady NY ILS Rwy 4 Off Center. How do I fix?

I flew into KSCH (I think that's the ICAO) - Schenectady County near Albany, NY. It appears the ILS transmitter is a bit off center - looks like a little to the right of the runway. See the two pictures below and the Flight-Director position just prior to landing and then on the runway.I seem to recall that this problem sometimes occurs when a single ILS frequency transmits to both ends of the same runway. According to the Fly!2 database, only Rwy 4 has an ILS transmitter. The opposing end (22) is not listed as having ILS. Either way, I was wondering if someone could post instructions on how to move the ILS transmitter to the correct position. I've not previously done any database or POD work, so this would be all new to me. But I figure its time to learn. There are a number of airports I've noticed like this and I'd like to start fixing them.Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v40.72, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Randall Rocke was on a spree a while back fixing all sorts of database issues...perhaps he can help you.

Hi David,Your are correct as far as opposing approaches having the same frequency "warping" the approach. In fact, in some cases, to be "a little right of the runway" would be considered a success under those conditions.If there is not an opposing approach, then it's likely the transmitter is not placed properly in the database. In some cases, the transmitter is exactly where it should be but the runway heading may be off. I'll have to take a look at KSCH and see what the problem may be.I'll try to post some info for you later to begin your own DB-editing - right now, I'm in for a long day at work. :-)

Randall Rocke

David,The localizer transmitter was a little out of position. As it turns out, this is one of those transmitters that was not listed in any of the sources I normally go to. The person who entered the data may have had to guess - I placed it in an area that mimics the normal placement for an ILS and it appears to have locked in. Note the alignment now:

I'm sending you an e-mail - please reply with the address you would like the DEX sent to and I'll zip it your way.

Randall Rocke

You the man!Looking forward to your email. Although, you may want to consider posting it to the file library so others can benefit. I don't know how many folks fly in the Albany area.If you have time one of these days, a tutorial would also be appreciated.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v40.72, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I may post it along with some other US nav fixes in a few days. Someone suggested a while back that I consider re-uploading all the current fixes combined in just a few files to replace the many that are already available (and make things easier and less confusing) - that's why I was considering holding off, but I guess I can upload these now and remove them in the near future.I have a tutorial about half written (began about a year ago :-roll ), but my job took all my free time away. I will continue in the new year and see if it can be posted before January is out.In the meantime, there are some basic tutorials and other info already available - I'll be back with a list of current resources soon.

Randall Rocke