Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Unexpected error: java.lang.NullPointerException

Hello all,With Fly!II patched to 230, I get this error while using Terrascene to create (parse) scenery for KOUN oklahoma... Unexpected error: java.lang.NullPointerExceptionUpgraded to version 250 and got the same. What gives???Thanksblkwlsn

Is this the first time you've used Terrascene? What operating system are you using?

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall,1. Not my first time using Terrascene.2. Using winxp.I have in the past successfully made scenery using TS on my present computer setup.Thanksblkwlsn

It looks like an error in the data itself. I've scanned back through old posts in the Developer forum and haven't been able to find that specific error listed. You must have a proper Java runtime installed for XP, or you wouldn't have been able to make scenery in the past.Did you by any chance check the tsout.txt file to see what file was being accessed at the time of the error?

Randall Rocke

No I haven't. I shall check now. One thing I have done is checked the the DEM7.5 sub-files that stop, thus causing the error. What I've found is that various ".gz" files in folders a,b,c,d,...etc. in the "C:TerraScene2data-filesusgDEM7.5" folder cause a number of different java errors. What I am doing is deleting the affected ".gz" file and re-rendering while on line. TerraScene then re-downloads this deleted file and parses until a different ".gz" file (usually in different folder) presents some other java related error. Long and tedious.thanksblkwlsn

Thanks for your help, Randall.Got it working last night. As I gave it more thought I remembered that I downloaded some type of "script" program...(not really certain what that is) called REBOL. I removed REBOL from my computer, un-installed java's (j2re1.4.1_01), cycled power, and then reinstalled java's (j2re1.4.1_01). That fixed it.Thanks againblkwlsn

Glad to hear it's working - when you said it was working before, I figured it had to be something outside of the j2re.

Randall Rocke