Sign in to follow this  
Guest slydon

fly 11

There are some great skies in the file library - just do a search for skies and you will find a number of different skies.ini files by several authors. I use Bluesky, BrightSky, marcs_sky, Skyfire, real_sky1 and real_sky3.

Randall Rocke

What planes were they and what files did you install where?

Randall Rocke

Guest slydon

The 172spv88 and the scout downloaded from the library and installed in aircraft. Thanks for the info. Hope that will cure the orange sky. I called it pink before but it really is more orange. Those must be seperate programs that you are refering to. You don't use them all do you? Don

Don,It looks like you're trying to download Fly! aircraft and run them in Fly!II. Fly!/Fly!2K aircraft (and the v88s are Fly!2K or 1.01.88 version aircraft) are not compatible with Fly!II.Go to the Fly!II aircraft section and you will find some great aircraft to add to Fly!II.The skies are all controlled by a file called skies.ini. When you copy one file over the other, you get a different sky. For better clouds, you'll need to download and install some of the great cloud sets - some of the best are by Jure.I highly recommend the Flystart program by Allen Kriesman - this allows you to choose the aircraft, camera views, starting airport and sky before starting the sim.

Randall Rocke

Don,One other thing I would recommend. Locate two fixes by Rob Young in the Fly!II file library - they resolve flight modeling issue for the Cessna (Flyhawk) and the Pilatus. I believe these fixes are also available from the Real Air site.

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall just thought I would wish you a very merry xmas! Dan

Hi Dan!And a very Merry Christmas to you! How are things in the land of 3D?

Randall Rocke

Coming along fine Randall (working mostly in Maya right at the moment) doing an animation of a Orca. I would post a picture but it has nothing to do with Fly at all LOL I will email you some picsfor you to have a look at if you would like. But alas I no longerhave your email adress. Dan

Dan,I see you found my address - I got the images...they look great!

Randall Rocke

Guest slydon

I found another rather odd thing (seems like to me) I downloaded 3 different sky ini files by different people and opened and compared them and they are identical. Why would that be?