Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Upcoming VFR scenery of EBKT (Belgium)

Hello,With the latest Fly!2 final patch it's possible to put very high resolution textures as "Non-Z buffered" objects on the ground.To show this interesting feature, I started making scenery of belgian airport EBKT.This is a first version of EBKT, with very limited 3D models.It covers an area of 4 x 4 Nm with EBKT at it's centre.It uses real aereal photograph (Property of the company Eurosense)The resolution of this scenery is only limited by the memory on the video card. (At least 64MB is needed for video memory).I expect to upload it before end of this year.And of course it's freeware.Hope You enjoy this upcoming scenery of EBKT.Frank D'hontFly!2 beta team.

Hi Frank,...wooowww....that's incredible !!!I wonder where FLY will go ???Thanks for sharing,Rodger :-beerchug

Please tell me Im not drunk!This is .......its...... :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek :-eek Steve Brown "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Please post some of them on the screenshot forum... they must be shown, specially the last one : incredible. Really GREAT. Thanks for sharing, and I hope we fly it soon. Yves

Guest chezz

Another Christmas present from the Fly community ? :-yellow1 chris rpll

Guest Javier

OMG!! Aaaaalive.. its Alive... :-eek :-eek :-eekRich you have created a monster !!!;)Thanks Frank !Looking forward to your upload.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Frank:Really nice!Please tell me the last one is not a flat texture...Looking forward to flying around Belgium!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMGeForce 3 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

OK!I have had a lot of cofe, and Im not drunk anymore.What I see is a simulation heaven. I knew it, I love Belgium.What do you think Rich?Steve Brown "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

For those of you that use Terramodels, I believe Allen included the capability for placing "underlays" of airport areas using this very feature in his last version of Terramodels.This would give the airport area a more natural "grassy" look, or allow for placing phtographs, etc. I'll need to check the features list, but I believe he included the capability knowing that it would become useable once the patch were released.Ahhh...here it is:"SUPPORT FOR THE FUTURE FLY II PATCH. For the next Fly II version after build 230, TM 2.2 will support ground polygons that are displayed underneath the runways and taxiways. These polygons can be created and easily aligned by selecting vertex points from the taxiways."And BTW Frank, that airport is stunning!

Randall Rocke

Guest ben_

FrankWhen I saw in the patch the ability to draw polygons under the airport I was wondering what TM would be capable of.Those shots of textures following the direction of the runway you've created is testament to Rich's and Allen's creations.The modelling of the 3d models plus the landscaping with trees is truly exceptional.Can't wait!ThanksBen

Hello Alejandro,The last photograph is indeed a flat texture.This allows to keep the framerate up (between 14 fps and 33 fps on a P1,4Ghz), and gives the illusion of being there because this flat texture is at a reasonable distance from the airport.The wonderful "Terramodels" of Allen Kiesman allowed me to define the polygons and to put the trees at their exact locations.An additional screenshot at 1000 ft AGL and at 14000 ft AGLCheers,Frank