Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Video problems with 230 and final patch

I bought fly!2 in a bargain set after owning it a previous time. Due to having to sell my old computer and all my games I couldn't wait to get my hands on it again. It comes pre patched to 197 and is okay if I patch it to 210. But when I try 230 or the last patch after the load screen I get wierd shapes and parts of objects overlapping my aircraft. Now before anyone laughs at me I did put together my last computer and here are my new specs. My girlfriend wanted a computer she could use so we bough an hp low end model.HP 310n Intel pentium 4 1.1 GHZOnboard video at 4 mb Intel 810i128 megs ram.intel sound Windows XPNow I know that running fly on an onbord video chip is a sin so please forgive me lol. But it runs on all of the patches prior to 230. Te cockpit graphics are okay as well but outside the aircraft it looks like spikes of graphics and runways jumping. Please help

Sorry guys obviously did not read the User guide post on the site will try that. May not work so any suggestions till I post again and let you guys know how it went would greatly be appreciated. Will try the dll thing.

Im running Fly II on lower specks than you so It should be fine. Im sure someone will help you out.Steve Brown "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Guest ben_

I had an Intel i760 and I'm sorry to say I couldn't get Fly!2 to work.I bought a fairly cheap low end GForce2 64MB which did the trick for me. I have no idea if your computer will take a non-onBoard video card.Ben

Got it to run just read the post dealing with new users and it will explain how to copy the dll files that deal with directx.