Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

New patch and Infometar= great comb

Guest tonyc

I have just finished a flight from Milan to Genova with pretty lousy weather conditions. The flight was great. No erratic fps and the visual effects were simply outstanding. FLY2 is born again. ROTW, if you're reading this, it'd be great if VOLNAV provided the same INfometar and autoweather options that FSbuild provides, that is, create file plan and it will automatically download Infometar weather as well as load( through autoweather) the weather when FLY2 is started with the adventure file. I know that VolNav creates a *sit file, but I think that the txt file that is used for the gps can be used to load the weather automatically.tony

Guest DSandberg

I'd be happy to see ROTW do this with VOLNAV as well. If they want to look into it, all of the command line options to do this sort of thing are documented in the InfoMETAR help file appendix, and I'm also available to answer any questions they may have about it. They (or anyone else) can send me a private message via AvSim to reach me.- David Sandberg (Fly II beta team member, and creator of InfoMETAR)

Guest tonyc

I will be e-mail them about this, since I think both planners are great tools for FLY2.tony

and I did it !I just need a couple of days to make some more tests.DidierVolNav AuthorROTW

Guest tonyc

We knew you could do it, Didier. :-) The way I use it, is that when the Infometar scrren automatically comes up, I use the "weather wizard" so that the departure, destination points are enterered. Then the weather is downloaded, "thinned", and saved in the same file callled "InfoMetar.txt". This is the file that is called automaticalli by "autoweather" when an "adventure" plan is started.tony