Sign in to follow this  
Guest teemupi

Fly! 2 world wide navdata update?

Guest teemupi

Hello all Fly! 2 -flyers!I bought Fly! 2 (European-version) when it came on stores and I didn't like it. I have flown too much MSFS -series. Now when this patch came, I took Fly! 2 -from the "dark" and istalled it back with patch. I love the clouds, even IL-2 cannot beat them.Well I was wondering is there any kind of world wide navigation-data update for Fly! 2? I was pretty disapointed because there was no ILS at many airports in Finland as there is in real life. And apron with taxiways are also missing... Many NDB:s, VOR:s, ILS:s don't exist.If there isn't any nav-update, then Fly! 2 is good only for flying between big airports and in Unites States.

Remember - MS had a 10-year start. :-)There have been a number of Nav updates made by users and members of this forum. For instance, a number of us have made missing approaches and other navaid updates and posted them in the file library. There have also been many updates prepared by groups of Fly!ers for different areas of the world. These updates come in the form of DEX files which you can easily import with the DexImport program.ROTW has made many updates for France - a group of Norwegian Fly!ers has made many updates for Norway, etc.With a little practice, you can add many of the missing items yourself. There are some great tools and a few tutorials available if you want to learn how to add missing navaids and approaches. I will finally release a new tutorial for this in the coming year that may be helpful to some people.Also, Fly comes with a Taxiway Editor that allows you to create and edit taxiways. You'll find it in the Taxiway folder.If you have a few airports in Finland that you would like the missing approaches for (or a few missing navaids), please send me some info on them and I may be able to make some of them for you (I have a few days vacation coming up after Christmas and can make a few items).We work as a team here, sharing and posting our work for the benefit of others.

Randall Rocke

Guest teemupi

I just looked up the File Library and noticed there is really these updates for example Neitherlands. I will wait for your tutorial, because I'am very interested to add all missing points in Finland by myself. I could make whole Finland to "live" for Fly! 2. That would be great!But, now I go to see what kind of program this Taxiway Editor is...

If you do an advanced search under my name, you will discover database updates for a number of locations, including the U.S., Europe, and Asia. I will be consolidating these into packages in the near future to make things easier.There are already some basic tutorials out that can get you started. I will post on these when I get back from work tonight.

Randall Rocke

Guest teemupi

>There are already some basic tutorials out that can get you >started. I will post on these when I get back from work >tonight. Thanks! I will wait... :-)

Guest teemupi

>Teemupi, >>Please follow this link where you can find recent upadtes >for Fly! databases. >>http://ftp.avsim.com/cgi-bin/dcforum/dcboa...rum=DCForumID14 >>But ILS, terminal waypoint, terminal navaid are not complete >: these data come from NIMA/DAFIF (military) and many civil >airport informations are forgotten. >>Didier >ROTW Thanks Didier! I just imported those with DexImport and now got ILS on Finnish airports too! Thank you alot!

Guest Roy

As mentioned in an earlier post, the taxiway editor is really easy to use, but if you don't feel up to it, I'd be happy to do the major airports of Finland for you.All you have to do is name them. (Since my knowledge of airports in Finland is limited to Helsinki :-) )Roy B. :-waveOslo, NorwayEdit:Oh, forgot to say: Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us :-)

Guest teemupi

>As mentioned in an earlier post, the taxiway editor is >really easy to use, but if you don't feel up to it, I'd be >happy to do the major airports of Finland for you. >All you have to do is name them. (Since my knowledge of >airports in Finland is limited to Helsinki :-) ) >>>Roy B. :-wave >Oslo, Norway >>Edit: >Oh, forgot to say: Welcome aboard, glad to have you with us >:-) Thanks! Nice to be here!How are you going to get real taxiways "pictures" so you can do them with Taxiway Editor? Well, here is link for real world charts of largest Finnish airports: http://vacc-fin.net there click DOWNLOADS -> CHARTS.If you really have time to do these taxiways, here is a list of all airports in Finland witch should have taxiways in Fly! 2:EFHK - Helsinki-VantaaEFHF - Helsinki-MalmiEFIV - IvaloEFMA - MariehamnEFOU - OuluEFRO - RovaniemiEFTP - Tampere-PirkkalaEFVA - VaasaAll of those airports charts can be found on VACC-FINLAND website. I would be very thanksful for these airports to have taxiways/apron.Have a peaceful and happy christmas!