Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

New 240 Patch and AntiAliasing

Guest artl

I have never used AA with Fly2 because I always had some kind of problem either with crashes, corrupt display, or poor performance. I have tried again with the 240 patch and results are encouraging. Of course it might be something else I have done over the months, but still.... if you have been having problems with AA, maybe try again...Board is ASUS V8420 deluxe (TI4200, 128mb, 40.72 drivers)Art.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Art:Did you have a "smaller" video board before (say 64Mb or 32Mb)? If so, that could have been the cause of the crashes. Antialiasing and Anisotropic filtering use up video memory thus leaving less memory for Fly! II to use.Now that you have 128Mb you should have enough memory to run Fly! II using the same render.ini as before but with Antialiasing and Anisotropic Filtering turned on.As you can see below I have a 64Mb card. If I turn Antialising on instead of getting 25+ frames at KSFO, I get 15 FPS and in some areas with a lot of models even 4 FPS...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB