Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

problems with usb ch yoke.

Guest pilotsim7828

I am having problems with my fathers usb flight yoke !He is runnimg windows XP with a sis 34 MB video card, The only problem is, that after he turns off the computerIt loses the calibration, And have to reinstall the disk to Recalibrate the yoke, As my computer is in the shop getting memory upgrade And a new Power Supply. He ( my Father ) Has just replaced the battery on the mother boardrecently, After installing the disk to callibrate All is fine, Just the problem of turning off and then back on again and trying to use the sim after some time later:-zhelp

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:In my case the CH Yoke USB was pretty much plug-and-play. Take a look at this simple review: http://www.maximum3d.com/reviews/chyoke2.htmAre you using CH Control Manager? (available for free from CH Products)Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Alejandro:Yes the control manager is installed ,What do i need to do, to keep the drivers installed, so that next time i want to use fly! II and the yoke I dont have to Recallibrate it agian, Jeff Akins :-hmmm

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:Before starting Fly! II you need to start CH Control Manager and load your Map. There's a little piece of software that you can download called CHStart that will do this for you automatically. You just place it in your Startup folder.Unfortunately the CH Products site has been down since yesterday. It's freeware so if you send me a private message using Avsim's e-mail system I can attach it to a message, it's only 186Kb.Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest GOODY

Hi:Please send CH control Manager to me also.Thank youGoodyGoody@cableone.net

Guest pilotsim7828

Still a problem with the flight sim yoke, Wont accept calibrations even with the control manager, And ch start. Tried to map still nothing. I wonder if something is wrong with the yoke itself, But cant put it on my system . Because mines in the shop :(:-(

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:Sorry to hear it's still not working.Did you follow EXACTLY the installation procedures? From what I can recall they are very picky about what you've got to do. I may have them somewhere if you need them.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Hi; Yes if you could send them to me PLEASE !!I would appreciate the help,Even followed the readme txt in CH , Must be something I`m doing wrong. Jeff Akinsrakins@charter.net

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:Those are the ones I meant.So you did remove the older USB drivers, went through the "Found New Hardware" pop ups, etc, etc.Don't know what else you can try. Maybe someone else can jump in.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Alejandro; Yes deleted the ch install- Reinstalled the whole program,Recallibrated went to CH Manager and mapped . Still the same problem, It did have a pop up but wont callibrate. Thanks for your help anyway!Jeff Akins

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:Did you save the mappings in a .MAP file?Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest pilotsim7828

Yes I Did Save them But it seems to me that there should be something in that box to save but there was nothing Just clicked on save IT now is saying " There are no active devices"Jeff Akins