Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

DirectX 9.0

Can anyone tell me if the new DirectX release will help/hinder or otherwise affect FlyII?Thanks in advance.

Hi,I`ve downloaded it and no problems.But I think it is a little bit sharper than DirectX 8.1Regards, Mike

JakeI also have downloaded and installed DirectX9.0 with no problems. I agree with Mike re:slight increase in sharpness of tiles and models, no noticeable increase nor decrease in fps.Happy HolidaysRobert

Thanks for the feed back. I'll download it myself and try it.

I'm downloading as I speak, directx 9, nvidia detonaotr 41.09, and just downloaded the new drivers for my sound card.I'll give feedback as soon as I have tested everythingCheers

Hi,sounds good.But maybe I`ve found a bug.When I push "c" for the outside view Fly often crashes to Desktop without warning!DirectX 9.0GeForce 4200 128MBDDRregards, Mike

MikeAfter installing the latest Fly! II patch and DirectX9.0, I had 5 CTD's on a flight plan from KHOU to KDEN, 4 right out of the gate and the last one on final approach. I removed an add-on view accessed by the "c" key, Overhead Camera from Miscellaneous category, file: Overheadcamera_v100.zip dated 3/28/02, and have not had another CTD since, knock on wood. I removed OverheadCamera.dll from modulespc folder and changed datacameras.txt file back to the original;5spot,Spot Camera,1chas,Chase Camera,1obsv,Stationary Camera,1flyb,Fly-By Camera,1towr,Tower Camera,1Hope this helps.Robert

Hi Robert,thanks for your help.Fly is running well.Regards, Mike

MikeGlad to hear your Flying well, or was that Feeling well...maybe both?!?I get so confused sometimes, just kidding.Happy FlyingRobert

Guest dajackman

Installed ok for me. Not big preformace increase :(But I haven't had any problems yet.