Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

Coordinated turns

Guest Dean

Well Santa brought me a CH Yoke for Christmas. I don't have rudder pedals yet so that means I have to run Fly II with the rudder and aileron coupled. I believe Fly! had a setting called "coordinated turns" which allowed you to use a joystick without a rudder control but I can not find this choice in Fly II. I found two lines in the fly.ini that say "couplerudderaileron" and coupleruddertoaileron". I think these are redundant but I set both to 1 not knowing which has priority. Even after making this change the axis indicator only shows aileron movement without rudder movement. Anyone have a clue how to set Fly II for coordinated turns?Dean

Hi Dean,Just check the pull-down menu`s.It is somewhere in the aircraft / realism settings.It works the same as in FLY2k

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen is right. Look under the Options > Realism and you'll find a drop down menu with "Aileron (easier)" and "Rudder (realistic)". Choose aileron.

Guest Dean

I found that one and tried it early on. All it does is couple the nose gear to aileron movement but the rudder still does not move either in the axis window or on the A/C. I've removed Fly! from my drive so I can't verify this but I seem to remember it had a setting that tied the rudder and ailerons together for coordinated flight. Interesting enough there is an unassigned function called "coordinated turns" in the Fly key setup page but assigning a key to it does nothing that I can see. I can see the obvious fix is to get a set of rudder pedals.;) Dean Karis

Guest tonyc

Check in the "assign axis" and see what you find there.tony

Guest Dean

Tony,Did you ever get your fPS counter back?Dean

Guest tonyc

Yes, I did, Dean. I could not remember "status" as the line to configure for fps. Thanks.tony

After reading your post yesterday, I checked into it myself. With the setting on "ailerons" it still takes rudder pedals to show any physical movement of the rudder. I also couldn't make coordinated turns without the pedals. The ball would always be out of center.I didn't try linking rudder to a twist axis or rocker switch, which I suppose should work okay.L.Adamson

Guest Dean

>I didn't try linking rudder to a twist axis or rocker >switch, which I suppose should work okay. Larry,What do you mean, or should I say how do you do this? I've tried the set axis function in fly II but it only allows one axis to be assigned to a control surface input. I wish I still had Fly! installed to check this, but I'm sure it had a menu choice that coupled the rudder and aileron. I checked FS2K2 and there is an auto rudder selection that I thought would do the same thing but the rudder doesn't move with the aileron after selecting it. I didn't try a flight to see if turns were coordinated or not. I almost reaching for my wallet to order those pedals...... Dean Karis