Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

aircraft pod tutorial

Guest chezz

Hi,Where can I download an aircraft pod/unpod tutorial. I was successfull in unpod/unpodding and repainting an aircraft however when I click the SELECT aircraft in the drop down menu FLY2 closes/exits and when I checked FLY2 folder there was no error logged in the GTFO. I might be missing some steps here so I would appreciate your help. (p.s. in the aircaft.tif shall I render the low,mid,&high texture or I can select 1 and shall I maintain the .tif file size or can I go higher or lower ? )thankschris rpllhere's the repaint

Hi Chris,I have never been a fan of creating POD`s in FLY2.Use Podcreator by Didier RigaultIt works super and superfast.To give an example:Last week I podded a Pa19 repaint , unpodded it again , canged a file and repodded again in less then ten ( yes 10 ) minutes.Since I started repainting I only use PodView to unpod and Podcreatorfor podding.You can download Podcreator at SIMVOL.The program is in French AND ENGLISH.http://fichiers.simvol.org/fly/fly_2/PODCreator_v13.zipregards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

G'day Chris,What a great repaint! I do hope you will be uploading to the library.I'd very much like this one in my hangar.Now to your question. Poding is really a simple process once you get the hang of just what is happening. The in built editor in Fly! II (press and hold cntrl on boot up of Fly! has all you need to1. creat the response file. - this places a *.txt file in the fly! II directory containing all the files and paths in a pod.2. unpod a pod - extracts all files in a pod to their repective directories.3. create a pod from a response file. - does the reverse of the above. It searches for the response file then searches for all the files in their respective folders and places them back into a pod file.The above is fine if you just want to do a mod just for YOUR OWN USE. BUT if you want to upload your creation to the library then there is an excellent tutorial as to just exactly how to go about creating a REPAINT pod for an aircraft. There is copyright of the original pod to be taken into consideration and also the total size for a repaint pod should be kept to a minimum and needs only to be somewhat less than 1 MB as you only need to change a few of the files for the aircraft you are repainting. Apart from copyright considerations Why make the repaint the same size as the original pod.? After all it's only a repaint NOT a new aircraft! Check out the tutorial athttp://www.fsterminal.netIf aircraft that you are repainting has low, med and hi res *.acm files then yes it is recommended that you repaint all three *.tif files as this will give improved performance for Fly!Get back to this forum if you have any Questions.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest chezz

hi roger,fsterminal no longer exist.thanks

G'day Chris,Many apologies mate. I know that at one stage George was going to shut down fsterminal but he later posted that he had a change of mind and was keeping it open.Looks like he has had another change of mind. :-)Sorry to hear that as I found the site to be very helpful in my initial days of repainting.All's not lost however! I have a hard copy backup that I will scan and email to you if you wish. Just post your email address if you want it.Cheers,Roger @YSSY