Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

Navajo Chieftain gauges have changed!!!

Hello everyone,I had Fly2 patched to 240, no problems whatsoever.I then decided to buy the Decathlon/Citabria from RealAir.Both birds are mighty fine, and fly great.However, upon returning to my Chieftain, the altitude indicator, and EGT needles have changed.The altitude indicator is missing a background on its face, and the EGT needles have moved closer together so that they now overlap.I recall from the Decathlon/Citabria readme that these aircraft borrow some gauges from the Flyhawk.Any thoughts?

Check the readme and manual that came from RealAir. I just lost all of my software to a drive failure, so I'm going from memory here - I recall that RealAir said something about the Citabria/Decathlon having to be your startup aircraft when you entered Fly! or the gauges would be improper for other aircraft.

Randall Rocke

G'day Randall,Jeezz that's a bit tough! mate; making the aircraft mandatory to be the startup default. Could this possibly be the problem with the post below complaining about the fuel and flap pointers on the Hawker floating off the guage faces? Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Randall,you are 100% right with the Citabria/Declathon. It's in the read me.Hope you will be able to get at least some of your data back.Good luck, :-beerchug Rodger

Hi Roger,I don't know about the Hawker - could be. Until I redownload the RealAir aircraft and check the read files I can't be sure. I do know that I used the Citabria as my "start" aircraft from then on and had no problems with any gauges or aircraft.I can also verify that I did this throughout the entire beta development process for v240 with no problems.I'm on my way out of town for a few days folks - be checking back in in a few as I begin the gargantuan process of recreating nearly 2 years of Fly!II data, scenery, etc. This is especially deserving as I am normally a major pusher of BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP! I'm afraid I got so involved in the beta and other projects that I forgot to back up about everything I've added or worked on in Fly!II for the past 6 months! :-roll

Randall Rocke

Yes the Decathlon is my default aircraft, as stated in the readme.I will verify to make sure I hadn't started with the Chieftain from flystart.exe.Thanks!

Yup, the Decathlon is my default aircraft, and when switching to the Navajo (or even the Flyhawk), my gauges are messed up.Could this be related to flystart.exe?

Guest chezz

check also your cessna altitude indicator it also is affected by the decathlon.chrisrpll

Yes the Cessna altitude indicator is also affected.

I would guess that if any aircraft but the Citabria/Decathlon is your startup aircraft in Fly!II and if any other but the above is your startup aircraft in Flystart you will have gauge problems.I will have to test this with Flystart, but we will probably be able to preset all items but the aircraft, then simply change the aircraft once Fly!II is running.

Randall Rocke

Guest chezz

Randall,Even if your start up is the decathlon/citabaria the gauges of flyhawk and other aircraft are affected (i uninstalled the airplanes). chrisrpll