Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Graphic problems... please help!

Guest Quaxo

I have had these problems (see screenshots) for some time now... I hoped the new patch fixed them, but it didn't. I did a search on this forum for some solutions, but I couldn't find any.Basically there are two different problems. The first is a "sorting" problem: if you look with the Tower camera, the aircraft parts are sorted wrong (I can see the interiors, or the engines on the other side of the fuselage, and such); the other is a problem with fog/visibility: the mountains in the distance have some parts correctlty "fogged", and some parts less fogged... it's an ugly effect.I have already set vertexIndexFormat=0.I have an AthlonXP 1600+, with a GeForce4 MX440, on Win98SE, DirectX8.1, and Detonator 27.70 drivers (the most stable I could find). Can someone help me with these problems?Thanks,Cristian

Hi, For your first problem, I would try newer detonator drivers, say at least 30.something or the new 41.09 with directx 9.0, installed the drivers and new api and it works fine.Now for the glitches you get in the horizon, that is just a problem with fly and it's scenery, I used to have those around Geneva, but somehow, they dissappeared, did you try the global update 1?cheers

Guest tonyc

Try 23.12. I've had perfect performance with these and my g3ti200. Make sure that you know how to change video drivers, or else you'll make a mess with windows.tony

Guest Quaxo

Tony, Tom,Thanks for your answers...I'm using these drivers because I was disapointed with other drivers... I had system unstabilities, and no performance increase, with newer drivers. And I'd prefer non to install DX9 until I've read some more "user impressions"... after all, Fly!2 wasn't designed to use DX9, so it should work fine with DX8.1.I was hoping there was some special videocard/driver setting to fix these problems... I do know how to switch nVidia drivers (I've done it many times) but I'd rather keep the drivers I have, as they're the best for all my other 3D software...As for the mountains problem: I have installed the global update, and the problem shows everywhere, at any altitude, and in every view.Cristian

Guest tonyc

Cristian,You're free to use your drivers of choice. But for troubleshoooting, it may help to try a different drivers--just to see if that's the cause.tony

Guest Quaxo

I did some more experimenting... I noticed that if I set the color depth to 32 bits, the problems disappear. But I can't keep 32 bits, AND DirectX8 with T&L, AND hi-res textures, AND 1024x768 resolution. I have to switch back to DX8 without T&L (or DX7), OR disable hi-res textures, OR to decrease the resolution, otherwise the sim hard-crashes upon launch. Strange enough... In the next days I'll try other video drivers, to see if it helps...CristianP.S. My video card has 64 Mb of ram...

Guest tonyc

I've got everything on and have great performance as well as no video problems. xp2000, 512ram, g3ti200 128 meg. if you need more information, just ask.tony