Sign in to follow this  
Guest Pardue802

No one is authorized to laugh

hey all, just landed from a great VFR flight. I left from Annemasse in France and went for the Lac d'Annecy, then landed at Annecy. I then headed back to Geneva...now here are two pics, one real of me with the real "C

Cool,Im going to do that flight too Tom.Great to see the face behind the repaints :-)Here is mine but I dont have one at the puter. All can laugh at this. Taken in Luxor Egypt after being thrown in by the gang I was with :-lol All the best SteveSteve Brown "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Hi Aragon, Nice to see some pictures of flyers... Here is me, but well dressed... CheersP.S: The tie has been deleted, by a girl saying I looked better without it...

LOL I saw that too. :)I have a few good manuals like that one. Ahhhhh Dos those were the good ole days. :)errrr still are... lol>A DOS 6 manual?! What for?? >>:) TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

Remember Extree gold?;-)Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

I just noticed those manuals in front of me and I have no idea why we still keep them!!! Windows 98, hmm, I have had XP for a year now...Weird hun??? I'll ask my father why we keep themcheers

Guest Pardue802

Not too long ago my college was clearing out its old books and throwing them away. I found one that was the complete guide to the Mosiac Navigator. I had to grab it.

Looking in front of me I still have the Windows NT 3.51 Resource Kit in its entirety, including the two updates...Along with Raytracing Creations with PovRay, Fractint, Image Lab...Computer books are probably the fastest depreciating commodity in the world... :)Oh and in the corner of the room there STILL sits the box for GeoPublish, a desktop publishing software for GEOS, a graphical OS for the Commodore 64. Now those were the good old days. Anyone remember GEOS?(Off topic I know...)

Yes I remember Geos. I dont have all the manuals here with me. Still in storage in KY. Oh the days of sitting for hours typing in line by line from Gazette magazine. I started out with a TI-99 that Texas Instruments had on the market. I thought I was really a computer whiz when I bought that C-64. When I upgraded to a 386 mhz with a whopping 4 meg of ram, and a 450 meg HD. I couldn't wait to install Sub-Logic's flight sim. I still have a copy on Floppy around here some where. Ppl today wouldnt even think of using machines like that. It's amazing to see how far Flight sims have come. It's times like these when I look back and see what we have today. I appreciate the hard work of all those who are involved in the development of flight sims in general. I'm starting to learn some of the basics of modeling shapes. Give me a few weeks and I will upload a couple of projects. Happy New Year to all!!!!!TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

I worked a whole summer washing dishes to pay for a 256K memory expansion unit for my C64.When it finally came in, I opened it, and found out that only one bank of sockets had chips in it. I ran to Radio Shack and ordered the same chips for the empty bank.Got them installed and presto! I was the only kid on the block with 512K (half a meg!) on his C64.I used it as a RAM drive for GeoPublish, and ran the school's newspaper with it! Not bad for an 8 bit machine.BTW, the people behind GEOS released a pc version of their product, anyone remember what it was?