Sign in to follow this  

New repaint coming up... Need a little help though

Evening guys, I found a screenshot of a Piper Warrior at airliners, it is stationed in Geneva and had to do it... Now I'm cleaning up, but since I edited the tif, the windows aern't transparent anymore, I had that problem once with the Avanti, but never bothered to fix it, I saw that too late. Here is a little shot.Hope you'll like itcheers

I had this problem once, but Giorgio Gnesda fixed it for me. Sadly I forgot how he did it. There are quite a few guys who will be able to help you Im sure.What I do now is, every time I alter the tiff file, copy it and save it in another file nice and safe. Then every time you finish an area your working on... copy and save. Then you always have a back up. Also when saving your tiff file, never click the save as option, only the save option or the floppy disk icon.I hope you get it sortedSteve "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Hi LimpEnsure you saved the TIF as a 32bit format. Transparency is described as an extra layer (alpha chanel) requiring 8 more bit per pixel.Jean

G'day Tom,Nice repaint!When you convert the tif file from RGB to INDEX colour mode is the black of the windows still pure ( ie 0,0,0 ). I think this may be your problem that you are losing pure black. ( thus also losing transparency as fly! sees true black as transparent.).Are you using Photoshop? If so when converting from RGB to INDEX colour mode make sure that the first colour in the pallet you are using is pure black. ( 0,0,0 ) and hopefully this might help.The above assumes that you are using INDEX colour tif files. If you are not using index colour tif files then just make sure that the black is 0,0,0 and that you are saving a 32 bit tif file.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi all,Well my file is already indexed, and I saved it in 32 bit instead of 24, but it didn't solve my problem... I'm leaving this afternoon for lets hope a little ski. So I'll get back to you on the first or second of January.cheers and thanks for the response.