Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

FLY!II Flight Planner

Guest GOODY

Anyone:The Flight Planner to ME is confusing.I want to make a Plan from Yuma-Tucson-Phoenix-Prescott.I am at a loss, as usual, to make one.All suggesstions will be greatly appreciated.GoodyGoody@cableone.net

Guest tonyc

Tri has a good Flight planner tutorial. Look it up here on Avsim. Let us know if you still need help.tony

Guest GOODY

Sir:I have the tutorial printed ou from page 109-152.However, my brain evidentally cannot comprehend its contents.I will try it again and see if I might stumble on the answer.I thank you for answering my post.CheersGoodyGoody@cableone.net

Guest tonyc

Hopefully, the pics will help. Prescott is tricky one, in that it's actually Ernest A. Love Field in Prescott, AZ. This airport will not come up if you look it up a 'Prescott'. In the "navigational log" you can add or delete until your flight plan looks the way you want it to be. Don't forget the "generate flight route" button once you've got the flight plan established and the "start flight plan" button. This should get you going.tony

G'day Goody,I also find getting a flight plan generated almost impossible so I do it manually very simply.Make sure you have the aircraft already selectedselect flight planner from dropdown menuClick on departure airport and set your choice.Click on arrival aiport and set your choice. a red line now connects both airportsmagnify screen as requiredclick on the red dot representing the departure airport ( turns yellow )now select the add waypoints icon ( the icon with an arrow and plus sign) now click on the FIRST waypoint you want and the waypoint is instantly added (as yellow dot)and this is reflected by the red line of the flight plan now going from the departure airport to the first waypoint and continuing to the arrival airport.continue adding waypoints IN ORDER as required until finished.Thats all there is to it. DO NOT click generate flight plan.Set the fuel/C of G/weather to requirements.When finished just click start flight plan.Swith on the GPS/FMC and you will find the flight plan has been automatically entered.Happy flyingHope the above simplifies the process for youCheers,Roger @YSSY

RogerHope you don't mind me asking, but I was reading your post and wondered about setting the fuel requirements before hitting the start flight plan. When I do this, the fuel always goes back to the default setting and I have to reset fuel after starting flight plan. Just wondering if I am missing something.Thanks for any guidance.Robert

Robert,Unless I have missed some way around this, this is a bug that was never resolved - I simply start the flight plan first, then set the fuel, passengers, and cargo.

Randall Rocke

Thanks Randall for your quick response. I just don't know unless I ask the question.Robert

Guest GOODY

Roger@YSSY:I am indebted to you for the very complete list of ways to setupFlight Planner.I will use it the next time I setup Flight Plans.By the way, Sir , what or where is YSSY?I sure appreciate your efforts.Again I thank you.Happy New Year (if applicable)CheersGoodyGoody@cableone.net

G'day Robert,Stupid me never bothered to check. I'd never noticed the reset. Not real observant am I ??? :-)Sorry to all for that blunder.Ok reset all parameters AFTER starting flght plan.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day Goody,Yes mate YSSY is the main airport in Sydney Australia. The name of the airport is Kingsford-Smith Airport ( named after Sir Charles Kingsford-Smith, an early Australian pioneer in aviation. ) Us locals just call it Mascot Airport as Mascot is the suburb of Sydney in which the airport exists.I will definitely have a happy new year and sink a few coldies. I wish you a happy new year as well.Happy fly!ingCheers,Roger @YSSY

S'okay Roger, I just thought maybe you had found a workaround. Sometimes you can stumble into things with this program. Like the other day, I found out if you use the C4TO add-on, you can get your radio frequencies to correspond automatically to CD, GC, Twr, ATC, etc. when you press alt-A only if you start the flight plan from within the flight planner, not the checklist start button.Regards,Robert