Sign in to follow this  

I cant upload to Fly Developers.com

Try as I might I have been unable to upload some files (Fly Developers Splash Screen) to Fly Developers.com am I doing something wrong?I have signed in but it keeps saying Im a visitor. My cookies are enabled!!!Please help :-)Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Guest dajackman

Sorry you are having problems. I will look into it. For a quick solution you can email them to me directly if you would like: robby@flydevelopers.comI'll let you know what I find.Thanks

Many thanks Rob,I will send you the files shortly.Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Steve,I have had a similar problem using Fly Developers - it never let me in, even to use the forums, so I have gone back to using the developer area for Fly! here at Avsim.

Randall Rocke

Yip,Its strange, I have never had that problem before. I hope Rob sorts it out as I like going there.Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Guest andrewluck

I'll second that. It's never worked for me either.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest dajackman

Has anyone one of you who are having problems create an account and get the email? Sorry for the problems, I didn't realize anyone was having them. I will check it out this evening (I'm at work right now.)Thanks again!

Jackman,Yup - I was one of the first group that signed up with your site. I received an e-mail with password confirmation, etc. but it never seemed to "let me in". Thinking that something had gone wrong, I signed up again, received another e-mail and tried again - still no joy.I then sent you an e-mail but never received a response.

Randall Rocke

Guest dajackman

Again sorry for the problems. Only thing I can think of right off is the site does use cookies. Be sure they are turned on. Do you get an error after tyring to log in? Does the page say anything like "please wait...loggin in" or anything?

The page always gave me a logging in message, then the message would disappear and I seemed to have no more than "guest" rights.I allow session cookies and persistent cookies, but no 3rd party, etc.

Randall Rocke

Hi Rob,Same as Randall and Jeff, I have signed up twice now and still have both the emails sent to me. I have uploaded things to the site before, the Beta versions of Liverpool and Hawarden I knew the site needs the cookies to know who you are when signing in and remembering who you are on return. I get the hang on tight screen, it takes me back to the homepage as a guest. As if it hasnt read the cookie.Hope you get it sorted Rob, and all the best to you.Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Guest dajackman

If, after you login, you are able to vote in the poll then you are logged in. The only thing you can do that a "guest" user can't is vote in the polls and submit to the fourms. If you have logged in, you should have a "My Account" link in the left frame. Hope this helps. If this is not the case please let me know. I am unable to reproduce any problems describe above. Thanks again!:)

I did it I got logged in.Im using internet explorer 6, I checked all the cookie settings and I can get in when its set to the lowest setting.Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)