Sign in to follow this  
LAdamson

recalling some very old dreams on this forum ...

I vividly recall some heated debate on this forum, long months, years (?) ago about the possibility of having full-featured Garmin GNC430/530 flight management units implemented in FLY aircraft. This was also a time when Terrascene was being born and when many folks when brainstorming ways to advance the hobby. Well, with the Garmin the idea was brilliantly simple - get the existing PC-based Garmin trainer (freely downloadable) from Garmin Ltd. and build a wrapper around it so it could work within FLY. There were some obvious technical issues but also any such venture would naturally involve agreements with both Garmin and Jeppesen and those seemed to be the largest obstacles at the time (Garmin was allegedly quoted as not being interested at all). Well, the dream is finally coming to fruition, not in FLY but in another flight sim. The fully featured GNS530 with incredible graphics, full database including the worldwide land-base is now getting ready (another competing product already exists).and some animated pics:http://www.reality-xp.com/main.htmlMichael J.

>G'day Michael, >>...and the point of this post is....?????? >>I think you are in the wrong forum! >>Is this the "closed minds" forum????Couldn't help it............... sometimes a little information about another product or sim doesn't hurt. Ever notice that a few ex-FLYERS are trying FLYII again after the "patch" because of a few "cross" postings to other forums?L.Adamson

> G'day Larry, >> As predictable as ever. :-) >>I havn't changed in the five or so years of internet forums. I suppose that would make me somewhat predictable.. :)L.Adamson