Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Help with EBKT Scenery

I D/L the EBKT_zip file and did everything the read-me file said. I saw fantastic looking ground tiles that match the photos in a couple of posts. Also saw the 3D models and 2D pics of houses, church, etc. However, my attached pics for the sky above the 2D scenery doesn't look anything like the pics in the other posts. What am I doing wrong? Thanks in advance for any assistance.Robert

Hi Rob,Here is a copy of my render ini filePlease back up your own before you try it.[Graphics]mipLevelCount=5vertexIndexFormat=0premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0[Textures]maxTextures32=20maxTextures32_565=20maxTextures64=16maxTextures64_565=110maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=85maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=0maxTextures1024=2mipMapFlag=896[NonAGP]maxTextures256_565=0[AGP]maxTextures256_565=0Steve :-bat "The Best Aid To Navigation, Is Having Been There Before" ;-)

Hello AragonThanks for the response but my render.ini is very similar to yours. I may have already taken yours from a different thread. My fps is up around 90 to 100 with a GeForce4 TI4600 128MB DDR. I've tweaked that render.ini file so much I can literally see it in my sleep. I've also been through every line in my fly.ini to the point I could just about write that one from scratch too. I just don't get it. But thanks for trying.Frustrated,RobertJosve,Thanks for the laugh. My wife and I cracked up so much over your western movie comment we had tears rolling down our cheeks.

Hi folks,I did`nt downloaded it.But I think ,what you see is all you get.The buildings in the background are looking great when you look out of the cockpit with the plane standing on the ground.Flying over them they appear to be nothing more then cardboardmovie-decor`s. ( As the man from Norway stated so clearly )It is the same in the Berlin Tempelhof scenery for FLY2K.In other words, these sceneries are only loking nice in well chosen screenies.Bye

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Just one important thing.I just downloaded the scenery.It looks great , so your video and rendersetings need some tweaking.I like this scenery very much.Fabulous structure.I would like to have it without the movie-decor-stuff.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen?That's what I'm talking about. You have the 2D scenery with sky and clouds above the roofline, where I see the black painted portion (which are supposed to be transparent) which the author talks about in his description of how to create. Does it have something to do with Non-Z buffering? Am I supposed to have something set for Non-Z buffering to take affect?Regards,Robert

Hi Robert,Yes my name is Leen ( pronounce as Lane ,in Penny Lane )I have no idea concerning the non transparancy.With me it simply worked from start.Contact the maker he should know ( I think/hope )regardsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Robert,According my opinion, it has nothing to do with the "Non-Z buffering".I didn't encounter yet this problem of the transparancy not working above the roofline.Apparently, the transparent textures don't work.Not sure if I can help, but it might have someting to do with one of the following:- Render.ini configuration (did You also try the render.ini included)- Graphics card and/or driver: a recent card.- Direct X version? DX8.1 or DX9 should work.- Graphic option T&L in the startup menu: I have DX8 T&L selected. Best Regards,Frank

Hi Leen (et al)Took me just about all day but I finally got it right. Turns out one line in the render.ini will not allow the transparency.maxTextures512_565=0; "MUST EQUAL 0" nothing else will do.Hope this helps anybody else.Happy Holidays, I think I'll go take a nap now.Robert