Sign in to follow this  
Guest ben_

Help me Help YOU

Guest Ken_Salter

Fly! People:Please review the anchored FAQ posts and let me know if anything should be added and/or changed.Gracias,[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]Fly! Forum ModeratorNEW WEBSITE COMING

Hi Ken,Thanks for updating the anchored posts!Here are a couple of things that come to mind:1) Under First Time Fly!ers Item #10 is the link to the Fly! Distance & Bearing Calculator. This is really an advanced scenery-making tool, especially for calculating object placement and locating lat/lon calculations for DB-editing. In fact, I will be featuring it heavily in the upcoming DB-editing tutorial. It probably belongs in one of the anchored posts at the top of the Developer's Forum.2) It might be a good idea to have Fly!II updaters delete *.HST before each patch. Then they need to be reminded that they must reset the Aircraft, Options... for every aircraft to all Trim Steps = 1 and all Exponential = 100% before they fly or they will have control issues.

Randall Rocke

Hi Ken and RandallQuestion for either of you. Prior to latest patch, didn't the low end of the trim steps (all the way left) start at 0 and now it starts at 1 or did I screw-up the installation?Thanks in advanceRobert

Robert,You didn't screw up - I can verify that Trim Steps start at 1. Now, whether the original Fly!II did I can't tell you - I've been running some form of beta version for so long I can't remember all of the aspects of the original release.I can verify that Fly!2K Trim Steps started at 0, so you may be thinking of that.

Randall Rocke

Guest DSandberg

Ken,First of all, welcome back!In the Using InfoMetar in Fly! II FAQ article, you could change the recommended "minimum miles between stations" distance to 0 miles (as long as the user has installed the 2.50.240 patch for Fly II).Also, the last sentence of the last paragraph of that same article, about not setting or changing the weather before or after loading METARs, can be changed to something like "make sure the new 'clear existing weather' checkbox is checked when loading METARs, and then don't do anything to set up or change weather elsewhere in the sim thereafter." (Again this is contingent upon the user using the 2.50.240 build.)Thanks much![br][br]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif

Guest Dean

Like Randall, I've been running beta versions for so long I've forgotten but I believe the trim steps from the CD install were 0, 1, 1. I never noticed they all start at 1 now. Is the trim step setting important if all trim functions are done through the game controller?Dean Karis