Sign in to follow this  
Guest chezz

So few people prefer Fly! to FS?

Guest jjlobo

I don't think it is the case to compare two simulators and the behaviors around them. MSFS has a very long story and a lot of developing tools. Fly! just some few years and we are still missing tools.I was a pilot 20 years ago and I never found MSFS would satisfy my frustration. But it does not turn MSFS worst then Fly! its only my perception and the way I feel.Fly came with a totaly different approach an a special care around panels and its functionality. It realy brought more reality in terms of what goes on in a cockpit and in the environent. It helps me a lot with my frustration (not being a pilot today).Even if Fly! goes down as the worst from the majority's opnion it will be the best for me and I'll keep it up and running until another flight simulator can be compared to Fly! from my perspective not from the communities perception.There is a lot of people interested in keeping Fly! alive and improvements are greater year by year. Lets keep this two communities enjoying their favorites and concentrate in making Fly even better then it realy is. I don't think it is a case of competition.___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest tonyc

There's one authordeveloper who has been around since the early days of flight sims and whom I admire as much as I admire Richard: Simon Hradecky. the Austrian based author is responsible for taking the moribund ATP after Sublogic lost the battle with Microsoft and turned it into AS2. He's a perfectionist as well as a top notch sim programmer. He's currently writing AS3 from scratch. If Simon and Rich got together and agreed to share notes on FLY2, great things would happen. X-plane, too, proves that it does not take a large MS monopoly to be in the flight sim business. And let's not forget what the boys at ROTW have done, all for free. tony

>I was a pilot 20 years ago and I never found MSFS would >satisfy my frustration. But it does not turn MSFS worst then >Fly! its only my perception and the way I feel. >>Fly came with a totaly different approach an a special care >around panels and its functionality. It realy brought more >reality in terms of what goes on in a cockpit and in the >environent. It helps me a lot with my frustration (not being >a pilot today). >A different view. Two years (or so) ago, when things really started to "click" for FLY with add-ons such as SKY and TerraScene2, I found myself re-creating all kinds flying areas that I prefered in real life. Even re-creations of commercial flights. Someone designed an airport scenery for KSLC which made an excellent base airport for my flights. Add-on scenery such as the Grand Canyon added even more enjoyment!At the present time, a number of airports here in Utah have been recreated for FS2002 which I can easily identify with. With realistic and buildings and vehicles in the background, as well as a blowing windsock, it imparts a "sense" of being there. And then 3rd parties, payware and freeware, have created planes, flight dynamics, and panels that have become top notch. It's all of these items combined that create an urge to go to the trouble of planning a full flight in the "sim" world. And there, lies the problem with FLYII. This hobby is a second one for me. I don't have the time to create vast sceneries or fill in buildings at airports. When sim flying a FLYII aircraft over the SoCal add-on, I become amazed and wish the whole simulated world could look like this, and that the FLY franchise could continue on!But realistically, the add-ons for FLYII are few and far between. MSFS with add-ons can certainly fill the nitch of realistic cockpits, enviroments,flight dynamics, and just about anywhere you want to be.............if you just look for it. I would suppose that accounts for the difference in the poll.L.Adamson

Guest Bjorn

I think that many of us that has answered the survey (including me),is using both sims.I love Fly! and it will always have a special place in my heart, butbeing a VA pilot, I'll spend most of my flying time in FS2002.No need to compare pros and cons, it has been done so many timesand I think that most people are aware of it anyway.But the Fly! forum is the best :-)Best regards Bj

Guest chezz

Bjorn,>But the Fly! forum is the best :-) >Roger, on that. Fly forum has the most supportive,talented, freindliest, funny, unselfish, emphatic people I crossed path in the internet.Happy New Year.chrisrpll

Guest Roy

You must admit though that "Fly!ing" looks much better on print than "FS2k2ing". :-)(Just joking of course. Please don't reply to this one :-) )Roy B. :-waveOslo, Norway

>You must admit though that "Fly!ing" looks much better on >print than "FS2k2ing". :-) >edited for the G rating of this forum L.Adamson ---- has used Pro-Pilot and Flight Unlimited