Sign in to follow this  
Guest JeffB

New Mini Panel!!

Guest JeffB

Give this a try and let me know what you think!I created a minipanel for the Malibu (Sahara). Simply press 'Control I' and you'll display the minipanel.In addition, by turning on the Autopilot (within the main cockpit panel), you can use the heading bug, adjust the OBS, adjust the barometer, adjust the verticle speed and altitude, all from the mini panel!Here's the link: http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=24525

This is really cool, Im sure I will use this a lot. Just off to get it now. Are there plans to do any more?

Guest JeffB

Steve,Thanks for the feedback! If there's enough interest, I'd add a few more panels. It would really depend on which planes are flown the most.Take care,Jeff

Happy New Year JeffGreat job on the minipanel. That is one of the features of Fly! 2K I miss probably the most. I know it's not realistic, as others have previously noted, but I really enjoy looking at as much of the scenery as possible and yet still maintain some control of the plane w/o jumping back and forth with shift + c keys (my keyboard thanks you too).Thanks again. Hope you will continue w/ more aircraft minipanels.Have a great year.Regards,Robert

Guest JeffB

Happy New Year to you too Robert!I'm the same way...I like to see the scenery and yet control the airplane! When I flew in real life, I spent more time gazing outside, looking for planes, roads, etc., and of course, checking the plane attitude, verticle speed rate, etc. This seems more 'real' to me!I'm working on the Hawker now. I actually have a working version, but I'm still debugging.Best Regards,Jeff

That's great to hear Jeff, the Hawker has and will be one of my favorites to fly.I jumped all over Robert Vigetti's "AC_default_fix2" mod which corrected some annunciator lights that stayed on all the time as well as incorporating fixes by other authors. The only add-on RV didn't incorporate was the sounds from Leon Medado's "LM_Fly!2sndenhpck_15P". So I took it upon myself to merge the files together and it's working perfect. I'm also in progress of merging files for the other aircraft in RV's & LM's mods. When I'm done, I wouldn't mind uploading the combined mods to the library if it doesn't break any copyright rules and if others would be interested.I'll be the first in line for your Hawker minipanel.Thanks,Robert

This is very good, Im using the mini panel while Im checking out the Airports im populating. Its already paid off as Im spotting things I have left out.Thankyou. One for the flyhawk is a must.

Guest JeffB

Steve,I'm glad you like it! I'll add a Flyhawk soon!Now, off to work tomarrow after 1-1/2 weeks off!Later...Jeff