Sign in to follow this  

Help!!! Stream Corrupt Error????

Happy New Year everyone.....well I just tried firing up Fly2 for the first time in the new year and I received a error while booting up. I have a fully updated version and have XP as my operating system. The error message reads as follows:Stream CorruptCannot process next tag lineFile: stream10.cppLine: 826I hope I don't have to reinstall...........any help would be much appreciated.ps. This is the forst time I have experienced a problem with this program. This error message appears right after the initial boot up screen pic appears.ThanksRichard

G'day Richard, Don't reinstall.! ............ it most probably wont be necessary.Do a search of the forum as this error has popped up before.From memory one of the things you can try is to delete all the *.hst (history) files in the Fly/aircraft folder.The error may be caused by fly! not being able to parse a file. Syntax error if you like. This can be caused by *.hst files or *.sit files.Have you saved a situation file? ie. are you using persistant world? this is/was a common bug.Check your Fly/adventure folder for any *.sit files that you have created (saved flight plans etc) and remove them and report back. Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'Day Rodger......in fact you may be on the money as I have been using the same adventure file for the last while. If I understand correctly I should simply delete my adventure or history files? Really appreciate you getting back to me so quick..........how was last nights celebrations?Best RegardsRichard

Round 2.............Hi Rodger..I just delete all of my .hst. and .sit files, as well as all my saved adventures...and guess what the problem is still there. I am still getting the same error message just as the time the heli pic is loading? Any further suggestions?Richard

G'day Richard,Sorry the hst and sit deletion didn't work.What about "persistant world"? were you using that option.What are your startup options?Could you possibly post the contents of your Fly.ini file.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Hi Rob....until now I wasn't even aware of the persistent world option so in answer to your question I wasn't using it. Here is my fly.ini file. Sorry to trouble you with this but I would be great to fly in 2003.[Graphics]airShadowFlag=2showDistantClouds=0flatShadeFlag=0filterFlag=1useAGPFlag=0gamePIXX=1024gamePIXY=768gameBitsPerPixel=32autoFullScreen=0useDirect3D=1ditherFlag=1useLensFlare=1numTextureSlots=0environmentMap=1rendererVideoCard=0textureDetailThreshold=2exteriorCamZoom=32768interiorCamZoom=32768useNightLights=3limitTaxiwayPavementDistance=0detailTileMinimumPixels=24detailTileAutoDisable=1popBuildingsIntoView=0popBuildingsTolerance=20desiredMinPossibleVisibility=100desiredMaxPossibleVisibility=316800rendererDLLPath=tridx8tl.dlltaxiwayTileRepeat=4highDetailRadius=0medDetailRadius=10animateWater=0minCameraZoom=8192maxCameraZoom=49152movieSizeX=256movieSizeY=192movieFPS=10maxUserVisibility=20useEnvLighting=0waterTransparency=64waterTilingDensity=8scatteredCloudCount=500fewCloudCount=248distanceHidingRadius=2viewableTaxiwayPavementDistance=2000viewableTaxiwayLightDistance=2000markingTotalFadeOutDistance=12152viewableTaxiwayHeight=1000viewableTaxiwayMarkingDistance=3000runwayLightFogPenetration=1000lightScalarDusk=50lightScalarDawn=50lightScalarDay=100lightScalarNight=25runwayLightDistanceFadeMinFeet=12152runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxFeet=30380runwayLightDistanceFadeMaxRatio=75lightIntensityStandard=0.500000lightIntensityCenterline=0.500000lightIntensityTouchdown=0.500000lightIntensityALSF=1.000000lightIntensityRAIL=2.000000lightIntensityVASI=3.000000lightIntensityREIL=3.000000lightIntensityTaxiway=0.125000userHeadPitch=0sceneryDetailLevel=5enableNightLights=1randomlySwapSkies=1[ATC]showServiceNames=1showATCScrollingText=1forceLargeAirportsInList=1[Editors]padComPort=2padBaudRate=9600padBits=8padParity=2padStopBits=0editorSliceBitsPerPixel=6[sound]OutBits=8OutRate=22050SpeakerCfg=STEREOUseModMusic=YEPSfxEnabled=65535MasterLVol=100MasterRVol=100SfxVol=100ModGameMusicVol=100MasterStereoSeperation=100ModSeperation=70WideStereo=0Mute=NOPEFullDuplexFlag=NOPEDeviceName=DirectSound: Primary Sound DriverDSoundCheese=NOPEWarnEmulDriver=YEPUseRedBook=NOPEWavOutNumBlocks=3WavOutBlockSize=3072atcVolumeControl=1useEngineSounds=1useAircraftSounds=1useCockpitSounds=1useEnvironmentSounds=1useATCSounds=1useRogerWilco=0[sIM]finiteFuel=1finiteBatteryLife=1noPfactor=0noPropTorque=1exaggeratedControls=0autoMixture=15autoPropeller=0icePropeller=0iceEngine=0iceWing=0icePitot=0useClouds=0objectCollisions=7noSpins=0QuickStarts=1noGyroDrift=1minFrameRate=0ignoreSlickness=0coupleAirBrake=1coupleRudderAileron=0gaugeDetail=0numDynamicScenery=0loadDefaultSceneryModels=3batteryDrainGainTimes10k=100percentOfWindOnGround=0enableIcingMessage=2drawMessageBoxes=3allowDLLFiles=1NullZone=4915noRotorTorque=1noRotorSideForce=1noRotorTranslationalLift=0noRotorTranslationalRoll=1noRotorIcing=1noRotorDensityEffects=1noRotorGyroEffects=1coupleAirbrakeToBrake=0coupleRudderToAileron=0numBirdFlocksPerQuadTile=2rotorDamperAdjust=100rotorHoverAdjust=100ignoreRotorIcing=1ignorePropIce=0ignoreEngineIce=0ignoreWingIce=0ignorePitotIce=0autoRevive=0ignoreWheelDamage=1ignorePropDamage=1ignoreRotorDamage=1ignoreWingDamage=1ignoreEngineDamage=1wheelDetectionMode=1ignoreTurbulence=0distanceCompressionUpdateFuel=0distanceCompressionUpdateTime=0disableWeatherRadar=0useFactoryATC=1ignoreSlopeWind=0noRotorSettlingEffect=0noRotorGroundEffect=0ignoreFuelGrade=0rudderSteer=1aileronSteer=0turnAnticipationPeriod=25blackBoxBufferSize=100000windDefaultSpeed=0windDefaultGusts=0windDefaultHeading=0[situation]keySetName=systemdefault.keysceneryDetailLevel=5[uI]askUserForGraphicSettings=0defaultStartScreen=1lastUsedScreen=1937011316askBeforeExiting=1gLastUsedSituation=searchPodFilesFirst=0multiplayerName=logbookFile=Log BooksDefault.loguseSpeechRecognition=0overlayState=01001000000111airportOverlays=0000000000010000000000000airportOverlaysMilitary=1navaidOverlaysVOR=1navaidOverlaysNDB=1navaidOverlaysVORDME=1navaidOverlaysNDBDME=1waypointOverlaysNamed=1waypointOverlaysNDB=1waypointOverlaysOther=1useAutoSave=0autoShowMOTD=1showOverlayPalette=-1showModePalette=-1showInfoPalette=0minimizeFPChecklist=0minimizeNavLog=0firstRun=0userVRAMSetting=1alwaysCreateVehicle=0allowDebugInfo=0allowSkyTweaker=0allowMultipleMaps=0serchOtherDrives=0saveGlobalWeather=0startupOptions=4startupAircraft=flyhawk.nfostartupAirport=US10802startupRunway=3EB1C30DstartupRunwayEnd=28RstartupEngine=1language=ENGdefaultSearchCountry=CANADAdefaultSearchState=NEW YORKsearchOtherDrives=0[Cockpit]mouseScrollingEnabled=1autoStretchMainWindow=1forceFullWidthMainWindow=1useIFRPanels=0drawCockpitArrows=1[VectorWindow]vectorWindowDrawAirport=1vectorWindowDrawVOR=0vectorWindowDrawNDB=0vectorWindowDrawAirportName=1vectorWindowDrawAirportIdentifier=1vectorWindowDawVORName=0vectorWindowDrawVORIdentifier=1vectorWindowDrawVORFrequency=1vectorWindowDrawNDBName=0vectorWindowDrawNDBIdentifier=1vectorWindowDrawLabels=1vectorWindowDrawCompassPlate=0vectorWindowDrawCursorInformation=0vectorWindowDrawCursorDistance=1vectorWindowDrawCursorBearingTo=1vectorWindowDrawCursorRadialFrom=0vectorWindowDrawTime=0vectorWindowDrawDate=0vectorWindowDrawSpeed=1vectorWindowDrawAltitude=0vectorWindowDrawViewDistance=1vectorWindowDrawLatLon=0vectorWindowGraphicsMode=1vectorWindowBackgroundMode=1vectorWindowDistanceMeasurementMode=4vectorWindowCompassPlateFadeState=0vectorWindowShowRoseButtons=1vectorWindowShowZoomButtons=0[Fonts]// status text (i.e. frame counter, etc.)FontOverrideID1=monoFontOverrideName1=

G'day Richard,Mate you may not be aware of it but you ARE (or more correctly have been) using "persistant world"Change the linestartupOptions=4 - which is persistant worldtostartupOptions=0 - which is DEFAULTresave the fly.ini and I think this may solve your problem.Hope so. :-)Once you get it up and running get back to me as I noticed a few things that can improve your simming. But lets get you airborne first.Happy FlyingCheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Colins2

Richard,Try deleting your default.key file.This stores your key assignments unless you have saved under a different name.It should not be necessary to re-install at all.Too many people reccomend this as a fix for almost anything.About the only time a re-install could be necessary is after a patch fails half-way through. 99% of other errors are user generated and can be fixed by reversing the last edit/action etc.The 'stream corrupt' message refers to a parsing error and therefore should only happen when Fly! is reading a file that can/has been altered by the user and/or Fly! itself.These files are the fly.ini, render.ini, *.hst, *.sit, default (or another name).key. Of course, if you have been creating scenery or editing the databases then these could also have errors and could cause this message.Fly! will re-create the fly.ini, render.ini and default.key files for you if you delete them. The *.hst and *.sit files are not important.Colin

Guest Bjorn

If it doesn't work by deleting the files mentioned before,you should also delete your camera.sav file. That one canalso get corrupted sometimes.Best regards Bj

>Round 2............. >>Hi Rodger..I just delete all of my .hst. and .sit files, as >well as all my saved adventures...and guess what the problem >is still there. I am still getting the same error message >just as the time the heli pic is loading? Any further >suggestions? >>>Richard Richard, In the system folder find the autosave file and delete if you havent already. TonyWhy Oh .... Why cant I ????FlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

Thanks Roger I will give it a shot and let you know. Interesting I had no idea I had selected that option. Richard

Hi Roger..looks like that last tweak solved the problem. Everything is back to normal. Interesting enough when I reistalled my .hst and .sit files I did not incur an error. Well looks like I owe you (again).............you have certainly raised my interst with any othe tweaks in my ini file that you may suggest. I am all ears!!!I am just curious is their a command to bring up the vector map in Fly 2? In my case I have to go to the top menu under window and engage it from their. If I recall in Fly, I pressed Ctl V and the vector map came up. Any suggestions?Richard

Thanks Colin for your recommendation. I will give it a try.Richard

Hi Bjorn...at Roger suggestion I was able to fix the problem by changing the StartUpOptions line to equal 0. Thanks for your reply.Richard

Thanks Tony for responding to my query...............