Sign in to follow this  

C4TO and latest patch Problem

Anybody having the problem of C4TO not changing the frequency on the radio when using C4TO? All the comms work fine, just that you don't see the radio switch frequency.Is it just me?Thanks, Tony in Miami

As far as I know this is not a bug, but simply not an implemented feature of C4TO. Communications will work fine using the auto-tune (ATL-A) but doing so will not also change the tuning that is visually apparent on the aircraft radios.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

I could have sworn that the frequencies used to change...Oh well!!thanks,Tony in Miami

Guest chezz

Tony,Yes the frequency changes when you Alt-A . But I think in some aircraft the radio freq doesn't change if I remember correctly the TBM700 by ROTW is affected by the new patch or even before the patch but will check again.chris

I noticed that if I change the frequencies manually then "check in", all I get is static. I have to use auto tune otherwise it doesn't pick it up.Is this normal?

Same happens here. Static when I change manually.Tony

Come to think of I installed the TBM700 the same day with the latest patch. Maybe the plane is causing the problem. Will have to wait till I get home to remove the plane and see if all is well.thanks,Tony in Miami

Tony,I've been using C4TO throughout the entire beta development process, including patches v233, v235, v239, and v240 which was released to the public. There have never been any problems with any of them.In all cases the radio frequencies switch properly (internally and visually). If I tune manually, everything works properly also (I get proper communication and no static).Which airctaft are you using when you have the problems? All of them? Specific aircraft?

Randall Rocke

I can say for sure that the Flyhawk and Chieftain do not show frequency changes and will not work with manual input.

The Pilatus and the KingAir wich I flew yesterday don't show frequency changes. Also the TBM700 does this too, but will try removing it and see if this is the problem.Thanks,Tony

There was a problem with the Fly!2K SDK, whereby the radios could not be accessed properly. So, when using aircraft with the Bendix-King radio, you could not manually tune the COM 1 radio nor would frequency changes register in the windows. You could auto-tune and get the proper frequency, or manually tune via COM 2.All of this was resolved with Fly!II, the new Flyscripts! v2.01 for Fly!II, and the new C4TO v2.0 for Fly!II. Since all of these came out, the Bendix-King-equipped aircraft have functioned properly for read-out and manual-tuning.The problems you are experiencing are very strange, in that they sound like the behavior of Fly!1 aircraft, the original Flyscripts! and the original C4TO. I have the TBM installed, but have yet to fly it because of development and beta work. If the TBM is causing some problems, it may be due to it being the "startup" aircraft?

Randall Rocke

Tony and allI ran into this same problem a couple of months ago only I was getting the radio frequency dialed sporatically between different flights. So I did some testing and here is what I found;1. If you start your flight plan using the "Start" button on the flight plan checklist, radio frequencies will not change with alt-a under C4TO.2. If you leave either the menubar at top on and/or the flight plan checklist on when you start your flight plan via the flight planner "Start Flight Plan" button, again radio frequencies will not change.3. It does not appear to have anything to do with Socata TBM700, since while I was typing this I started up that plane, just to check, and radio frequency changed to 118.30, the initial default for ground clearance.4. If you change aircraft after you initially engage C4TO with alt-F12, radio frequencies will not change, regardless of whether you disengage C4TO with alt-F11, then re-engage. I believe, but I would have to confirm again, if you change aircraft before the initial alt-F12, it will change frequencies automatically as well.Hope this helps,Robert

Hi all againI was kind of in a hurry when I typed this earlier. All my testing was done prior to the latest patch.Now that I'm back home, I just checked out various start methods and my C4TO seems to be working no matter which way I start; using flight planner "Start Flight Plan" button, "Start" button from checklist, FSbuild adventure, with or without menu bar on at the top, checklist on, starting C4TO with alt-F12 before or after starting flight plan, etc. I even switched aircraft after starting the flight plan and it still changed the visual radio comm display. This appears to be a fix in the latest patch.One other correction to my previous reply, 118.30 is the initial default value for Clearance Delivery and 121.80 is the next default frequency for Ground Control. I think tower radio is the first variable frequency depending on which airport you are at.Regards,Robert

>One other correction to my previous reply, 118.30 is the >initial default value for Clearance Delivery and 121.80 is >the next default frequency for Ground Control. I think tower >radio is the first variable frequency depending on which >airport you are at. According to Marc's setup instructions, you should be able to use the actual frequency from Ground Control on, though he does have default frequencies set up so that you can fly IFR in or out of any airport, even if they don't have a tower in real life.

Randall Rocke

Thanks for everyone's input, but still can't get the frequencies working.I am going to have to reinstall FlyII...again, thanks.Tony in Miami