Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

R Vigetti: Removing AT and AB from your POD

Rob:I am using your "Default Aircraft Fixes" version with a single POD that incorporates the added center posts and some additional changes and corrections. I enjoy all the fixes, however, I wish to remove the auto-throttle and auto-brakes visual features. Will you consider re-creating the POD file to have all the fixes EXCEPT these two visual features? Alternatively, can you tell me which files in the POD represent these visual fixes so I may un-POD the remainder of the files and use them only?Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest Fly II Pilot

David:You can easily edit the individual .AMP files (I think that's the right one but I don't have a copy of Fly!II handy) and delete the gauges that call these two features, they are towards the end of the file(s). It's very easy but make sure you delete the right sections.If you post one of the .AMP files or send them to me via private e-mail (you already have it) I can show you which lines to delete or modify the file(s) for you.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaBuenos Aires, ArgentinaFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Good morning Alejandro:Thanks for the fixes.I understand the Auto Throttle function but when and how is the Auto Brake function used?Thanks in advance for your response!Curtis

Auto brakes kick in when the aircraft touches down. The higher the number, the faster the plane will stop. This is "feature" is common on big jets as it reduces the number of things the pilot has to think about at touchdown. It also reduces wear on the brakes. I've not seen this function in the smaller GA aircraft (in real life).-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Thanks much for your advice above. I did as you said and it worked, except for some of the planes, the space in the panel graphic where the gauges were still exists. For example, in the Piper, there is a rectangle "blank" space where such equipment could have been stacked. In the Hawker, the TAS and OAT gauges are moved up to make room for the AT and AB panel. Now that these two gauges are removed, the TAS and OAT gauges are still moved up.How do I fix this without an advanced graphics program? Or can I extract the panel graphic from the originals without disrupting the other "fixes" Rob Vigetti incorporated, such as center posts and some other fixed gauges?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.