Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

Connections with NVidia?

Does anyone have any connections with NVidia? Since two Detonator driver revisions back (begining with 40.72 and now again in the 41.09 drivers), airplanes "flicker" with environment lighting turned on. Many of us using the GeForce cards have seen this annoyance. As far as I can tell, it happens consistently on all aircraft when the environment lighting is on, and does not occur when this feature is turned off.I've not had much luck in the past simply writing to Tech Support at NVidia. If anyone has any connections there, perhaps we can inform them of the "bug" and see if they can fix this problem in a future release of the driver software. Alternative suggestions welcome. Thanks.-DK----David KohlFly! II v230Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Hi, I've got a solution, I updated to directx 9.0, and use the 41.09 drivers without any annoyance... Try it out, works fine with my MX400, thinking of upgrading to a Geforce 4 when the FXs come out in February.cheers

G,day David,I'm using a geForce2 gts/pro 64 MB card and cannot see any reason to upgrade from the 1241 driver that I'm using. Frame rates are good, anti aliasing 2X, 4X works. I'm happy. :-)I've tried all the later drivers by Nvidia but keep returning to old faithful.The trick is to find a driver that works and THEN STICK WITH IT.later versions may appear but they don't necessarily equate to better performance. As you have noted.Cheers,Roger @YSSY