Sign in to follow this  

Dyn_kord problem

Does anyone know where I can find the dord*.smf and nord*.smf models referenced in file TM_ORD_B.S01, within the data folder, D193160 which is part of the dyn_kord misc. add-on?I tried e-mailing the author, Javier Rodriguez, but I think I saw in another post that he is out of town until next week.The fuel truck dynamic model works great if I do not install this one specific file which appears to contain some buildings for kord. I get a CTD error message, can't find the models if I install the referenced file.Thanks in advanceRobert

Robert,What you can do to find the Day and Night smf's is:Hold the Ctrl key down while launching FLY2.Next click on the File Manager buttonPress the S key to Search for filesHere you can do two things: 1. look for the exact filename or 2. use the * which will show Every file. I usually use the *The list will show the object files on the left and the pod that they are in on the right. Using the * will show every file BUT it is sorted in alphabetical order. Scroll down the list and see if you see the ORD files.Let me know what you find.Regards,

JimThanks for the response and the nifty file search. I just checked it out and no luck. I had a feeling I wasn't going to find the files on my pc because I have already checked all the scenery and terramodel add-ons and cannot find anything to do with KORD, Chicago O'Hare.I've got meigs field, CGX which includes some models for downtown Chicago but nothing for KORD. There are a couple of terrascene files for Chicago and Chicagowest but no models.I did see some models for O'Hare in the original Fly! scenery category but I don't think they work in Fly! II.I just thought maybe somebody had already run into this problem since dynamic modeling seems to be a relatively hot item these days. Wayne Roberts just recently released TMSMO which includes two dynamic models and a couple of months ago he authored TMVNY which included a fuel truck roaming around Van Nuys airport. Javier Rodriguez, author of dyn_kord, seems to have started the ball rolling with his dynamic scenery mini-tutorial, dynmodels and dynplane files.Anyway, thanks again for the input. I'm sure I'll use the file search feature in my future Fly endeavors.Regards,Robert

Guest Eagle

Did you install dynmodels.zip found in the Miscellaneous Directory of FlyII here at AVSIM?

Yep, the referenced models (Dord*.smf & Nord*.smf) are for day and night office buildings, hangars, terminals, etc. as listed in the TM_ORD_B.S01 file and dynmodels (which actually contains "movingmodels.pod" to be installed in sceneryshared folder) is strictly dynamic models consisting primarily of aircraft with one or two other items.Regards,Robert