Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dean

DX9 Update

I just installed DirectX 9. Good news is that it appears to solve the texture "flicker" on some aircraft when Environment Lighting is on. I realized that I'm still using the TRIDX8TL.dll file in my graphics settings. Is there a substitute that I should be using instead?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Anyone know the answer?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,I had answered your post when the forums were going crazy... And it never appeared.No directx 9.0 and the 41.09 do solve the problem, but there is no dll to replace, just use the dx8tandl.dllcheers

Guest Dean

David,As far as I know the tridx8 dll files contained in the latest 240 update are the most current. Dean Karis

Thanks Tom.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Tom, I tried using the .09 drivers but had to revert to the .04 after I could not enable FSAA for Fly! II. I'm running DirectX9 along with the latest via driver, the Hyperion. Did you have to do anything special to start FSAA? I'am using the GeForce Tweek utility to set FSAA but with .09 drivers FSAA remains off with no way to turn it on.Pete