Sign in to follow this  
Guest Colins2

Guys, guys, please email us

I was making a quick browse through the forums for the day and noticed this one had a corrupt index and you were only getting a couple pages. I cannot stress enough that when any of you see something like this going on, please contact us through email. Many times if we are very busy with out real jobs outside of AVSIM or just too busy working on something else on the website, why may not have nay idea there are any problems and you guys are just posting messages to the wall, so to speak. Now, I can't guarantee we will always get to the emails right away but emails do get checked more often than the forum itself. The sooner we can remedy the problem, the less chance there is of losing anything.There are two ways to email us that are real easy to remember and it sends your email to about 5 of us. At the top of every forum page on the right side of the page is my name and an email link. At any time, you can also hit the "alert" link that you will see displayed on each post. This goes to the same address. While I prefer people to use the first link, we have had several people alert us to forum hiccups by using the alert function. Just be sure you explain what you are sending it for in the reason box so we don't think we are being alerted to that post.Bottome line, there were some setting changes made to these forums to see if we could speed it up a bit. The changes at the time someone was trying to post might have been what upset things. It usual just requires a quick rebuild of the database index and things are going again.

G'day Scott,I've just logged on again and saw this post. I guess I carry the can for being one of the first instigators of the missing pages posts. I apologise to the forum and the Avsim administrators if my post was taken as any form of criticism of the hard working volunteers as it certainly wasn't meant to be. The title of the post was just outright plagarism of Tom's advisory post. :-)I guess I sort of assumed that the forums were being monitored for correct operations. However your point is well taken and in the future emails shall be the order of the day.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

>G'day Scott, >>I've just logged on again and saw this post. I guess I >carry the can for being one of the first instigators of the >missing pages posts. > I apologise to the forum and the Avsim administrators if >my post was taken as any form of criticism of the hard >working volunteers as it certainly wasn't meant to be. The >title of the post was just outright plagarism of Tom's >advisory post. :-) >I guess I sort of assumed that the forums were being >monitored for correct operations. > However your point is well taken and in the future emails >shall be the order of the day. No problem at all, Roger. I'm just pleading for help on the communication to us. :-)Many of the staff members are just like you guys, if they hang out in the forums, they generally hang out in their favorites. I try to make my rounds like now, but that is generally when I'm passing time at work. I think most of us that were working with trying to get the new forums up very early this morning, were put out by mid morning or afternoon. I had to get some sleep for work tonight which is where I'm posting from now. Most of us stay so busy that sometimes we just don't get the time to go through all the forums and we greatly depend on communication from the users. Unfortunately these forums don't automatically alert us when something is amiss, they just silently try to pick up where they left off and wait for us to stumble along. :-)

Guest Colins2

OK Scott - all noted.Colin